Claims - Director of Construction Defect
- Career Level
Amerisure is an insurance organization charged with creating exceptional value for its Partners for Success® agencies, employees and policyholders. As a property and casualty insurance company, Amerisure’s promise to our partner agencies and policyholders begins with a comprehensive line of insurance products designed to protect businesses, as well as the health and safety of every employee. Amerisure is an “A” (Excellent) rated organization from A.M. Best Company and services mid-sized commercial enterprises focused in construction, manufacturing and healthcare. We are ranked as one of the top 200 Property & Casualty companies in the United States, and have more than $798 million in Direct Written Premiums and $875 million in surplus.
Amerisure has created an Add to Staff for a Director of Construction Defect to support our claims department. This role can sit in one of our CSC’s or work remote for the right candidate. The ideal candidate will possess the following skill set.
Leads the construction defect unit to ensure tactical and functional execution of the claims strategy including service model, production standards and superior outcomes. Promotes the success of the organization through development and advancement of relationships with agencies, policyholders and employees. Responsible for the achievement of department goals within the construction defect unit, established to achieve the company’s strategic objectives.
Essential Tasks/Major Duties
- Lead and direct staff in area of responsibility with an emphasis on talent management and succession planning in accordance with the company’s strategic direction.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to construction defect unit to ensure appropriate handling of specialized and complex portfolio of construction defect claims including pro-active investigation of losses, determinations of coverage, evaluations of liability and damages and litigation management. Identify and recommend claim handling strategies for the construction book of business.
- Collaborate with corporate consultants, claims leadership, and adjusters on questions of reserves and settlement authority, claims management strategy, legal and other disputes.
- Ensure proper reserves are established and maintained to accurately reflect financial exposure.
- Ensure construction defect claims are adjudicated in accordance with Amerisure claims guidelines and quality standards through claims quality assurance programs.
- Analyze and interpret key performance indicators and other key metrics to identify claim trends as well as opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate proactively with agents, policyholders and internal stakeholders on claims.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Juris Doctorate preferred.
- 7 years construction defect claims adjusting experience. 3 years of experience in a leadership role, preferred. Industry accreditation preferred.
- Ability to obtain appropriate state licensing as required. Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated successful ability to lead people and get results through others. Ability to think strategically with supporting analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Demonstrated successful ability to build positive relationships and partnerships within department, across the organization and with external customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with internal and external customers. Ability to travel overnight up to 25%.
Just as we are committed to creating exceptional value for our Partners for Success® agencies and policyholders, Amerisure also remains committed to being an employer of choice. We reinforce this commitment by adhering to an Employee Value Proposition that is provided through a competitive total rewards package. Amerisure offers a Compensation & Benefits Package that includes competitive base pay, performance based incentive pay, comprehensive health & welfare benefits, 401(k) savings plan, cash balance pension plan, and profit sharing. In addition to generous paid time off programs, we allow our employees flexible and remote work arrangements.
If you strive for excellence and are committed to personal and professional growth, Amerisure is looking for you. Together we accomplish more. Please apply on line at amerisure.com.
Amerisure Insurance provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amerisure Insurance complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Amerisure Insurance expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Amerisure’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.