Senior Account Manager - Commercial Insurance
Senior Commercial Insurance Account Manager
Join a high-integrity Greenville, SC -based Insurance that has earned "best place to work" for several years running, as their Senior Commercial Account Manager. This is a great opportunity in a great company with great people. And, Greenville, SC is a great place to be. http://www.visitgreenvillesc.com/
The Senior Commercial Insurance Account Manager position includes a variety of responsibilities that support marketing, sales, service and quality standards for the agency in serving the needs of the firm’s commercial clients. Specific job duties include:
- After receiving completed applications from producers, rates policies as necessary by companies to expedite handling process. Works with producers to negotiate and place business with companies and finalize sale with
- Checks new policies for
- Orders endorsements as needed and check for accuracy.
- Processes ID cards, certificates, binders, billing, non-premium bearing
- Responds to client inquiries, claim reports, incoming mail, company requests, and producer’s needs on a timely and appropriate
- Provides technical support to producers to benefit clients and to reach agency’s strategic business
- Reviews renewal accounts for upgrade, remarketing, and cross-sell opportunities. Makes professional recommendations to clients and document files. Collects renewal data on accounts and handles other renewal activity in coordination with producers. Has primary responsibility for adhering to renewal timeline per procedure. Orders renewals and checks policies according to agency guidelines. Investigates non-renewals.
- Prepares billing as necessary. Uses company direct-bill programs as appropriate. When necessary, prepares check request to remit client payments to insurance companies or brokerages on direct-bill Determines reasons for requests for cancellations, acts to save accounts. Notifies producer as appropriate.
- Actively refers current and prospective clients to Benefits and Personal Lines departments for solicitation of new
- Keeps abreast of company underwriting, marketing and rating
- Attends producer and marketing meetings to maintain and share knowledge of industry and agency
- Strives for personal and professional development by attending continuing education courses and attaining professional
- Provides support and coverage for other team members and associates as
- Informs clients of policy changes, exclusions of coverage and insurance coverage needs. Explains coverages and exclusions to Uses every service contact as opportunity to review and market appropriate coverage.
- Generates documents and produces correspondence to satisfy client service requests or to provide automated information, as needed by
- Prepares summaries of insurance, schedules and proposals, using computerized system and approved formats, as
- Assists clients in submitting first reports of claims. Facilitates prompt response from company staff and, when appropriate, follows up on claims status to keep insureds informed and to work toward settlement of
- Maintains orderly electronic files and information, following agency
- Interacts with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills; cooperates positively and provides information and guidance, as needed, to contribute to the business efforts of the agency. Maintains cordial and professional relationships with clients, associates, carriers, vendors, and other business
- Engages in the usage of technical manuals, production/commission manual and procedures manual, in order to perform technical tasks and expedite customer service
- Works with the Assistant Account Manager who will provide additional daily service support for the Senior Account Managers book of
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited college or university or equivalent industry experience
- Significant knowledge and competency of insurance requirements, products and usages with 5+ years of experience.
- Computer Skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, and ability to quickly learn and master agency management software. Must be able to use Microsoft Outlook for written communication as well as maintaining and responding to calendar, appointment and meeting invitations.
- Certificates & Licenses:
- Property and Casualty License Broker’s License