Auto-Owners Insurance, a top-rated Insurance Carrier, is seeking a motivated individual to join our team as a Loss Control Consultant. The territory is to include the Twin Cities area of Minnesota. Onsite Interviews will take place in August 2017.
The position requires the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Delivery of high quality multi-line risk evaluations and loss analysis of exposures and controls related to Workers’ Compensation, Property, Inland Marine, Umbrella, Builders’ Risk, Products/Completed Operations, Commercial Auto, Garage Liability/Dealer’s Blanket and General Liability.
- Have a team-based approach working with other internal associates and departments, as well as our agency partners, to provide effective risk improvement consultations to Commercial policyholders that positively influence loss ratios, relationships, profitable new business growth and account retention.
- Deliver collaborative, consultative-based Loss Control services that provide value and solutions to policyholders while working with them to move service issues forward and improve the account’s loss exposures and performance and overall cost of risk.
- Conduct on-site visits of existing and prospective policyholders and complete comprehensive survey reports to evaluate operations, exposures and controls and provide an overall assessment for adequate risk selection, pricing and application of techniques for profitable Underwriting results.
- Complete value-based correspondence to summarize visit activities that includes solutions-based discussion and development of meaningful recommendations to minimize policyholder exposure to loss.
- Act as a technical resource for Underwriters, other internal departments, agency partners and policyholders. Assist policyholders with identifying exposures and implementing effective controls to minimize risk.
- Provide value-added services to assist in overall policyholder risk reduction strategies such as effective safety culture implementation, risk identification, program development assistance, safety training, resource assistance and loss analysis evaluation.
- Market Loss Control department and Auto-Owners competitive differentiation to policyholders and agency partners with a focus on building positive and lasting relationships to bring in and retain profitable business.
- Assist in the evolution of the Auto-Owners Loss Control Services department by contributing technical skills and knowledge, expertise, ideas and working on projects to assist in achieving our vision. Mentor, coach and train new and less experienced Loss Control associates.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and marketing skills
- Active listening and the ability to ask open-ended questions
- Sound interpersonal, consultative and collaborative skills
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, organizational and time-management skills
- Detail oriented and disciplined
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Assertive and high level of self-motivation
- Ability to work independently, remotely and with minimal supervision
- Ability to work cooperatively and enthusiastically with both internal and external stakeholders
- Flexibility for necessary travel and occasional overnight stays
- Valid driver’s license with good driving history
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in safety related sciences, engineering, related field, or equivalent OR an Associate’s degree in Occupational Safety and Health with equivalent related work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years increasing levels of related Loss Control and Commercial lines Property/Casualty insurance experience
- Possessing relevant designations such as ALCM, OHST, ARM, CFPS, CIH, ASP and/or CSP