Auto-Owners Insurance, a top-rated insurance carrier, is seeking a motivated individual to join our team as a Claim Expediter. The position requires the person to:
- Handle, under close supervision, first and clear liability third party claims.
- Contact all involved parties, describe the claim process, investigate and assemble facts, evaluate the amount of loss, determine policy coverage, and pay claim as dictated by Company guidelines.
- Become familiar with insurance coverage by studying insurance policies, endorsements and forms.
- Answer customer inquiries regarding pending or unresolved claims.
- Ensures that claims are handled in a timely and accurate manner.
- Service the needs of department, agents, policyholders and others.
- Handle support functions of the Branch Office.
Desired Skills & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent experience; Associates Degree is preferred
- Above average communication skills (written and verbal)
- Organize and interpret data
- Ability to handle multiple assignments
Competitive salary, matching 401(k) retirement plans, fully-funded pension plan, bonus programs, paid holidays, vacation days, personal days, paid sick leave, and a comprehensive health care plan.
*Please note that the ability to work in the U.S. without current or future sponsorship is a requirement.
Auto-Owners Insurance is a mutual insurance company comprised of five subsidiary property and casualty companies and one Life Company. We were formed in 1916; we operate in twenty-six states and are proud to be ranked among the Fortune 500 every year since 2002, with written premium of over $5.8 billion. Our corporate headquarters is located in Lansing, Michigan. Auto-Owners Insurance offers a wide range of career opportunities and welcomes candidates from all majors. We offer a friendly work environment, in-depth training, employee mentoring, and an excellent compensation/benefits package. To learn more about career opportunities available please visit our website at www.auto-owners.com.