Associate Broker - Casualty Lines Sherman Oaks
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Associate Broker (AB) - Casualty - Los Angeles, CA
Salary - competitive
The Associate Broker position serves as a “bridge” between the Production Assistant, Production Associate and the Broker role within the company. The AB may possess many of the same skills, knowledge and experience as the Broker. The AB may serve in a mentor/student relationship with one or more Brokers, allowing the AB to develop skills and relationships in a working environment without being subjected to production pressures.
The AB assists the Broker or Practice Group Leader in meeting the day-to-day functions by marketing new and renewal business to underwriters, servicing active and expired policy files, and developing and fostering profitable relationships with clients, in accordance with established values, goals, and procedures.
- Meet quality measurement goals by delivering high quality service in marketing new and renewal business to underwriters.
- Through the submission process, help the Broker meet and exceed client expectations by clearly defining and managing client coverage goals, priorities, and overall expectations.
- Frequently update the client on marketing progress, as directed by the Broker (utilizing the online marketing link, if available).
- Gather and develop complete loss summaries and analysis, as needed.
- Prepare high quality, error free submissions, and provide effective verbal and written presentations to underwriters.
- Ultimately responsible for the quality, timeliness, and accuracy of quotes, binders, checklists and other marketing file documentation.
- Identify and correct inconsistencies or errors in relevant documents and promptly correct/clarify same with the client and/or underwriter.
- Assist Broker in soliciting timely and substantive responses to submissions and effectively negotiate pricing and terms with most underwriters.
- Meet quality measurement goals by delivering high quality service in servicing assigned clients and accounts.
- Oversee all ongoing file activity including assuring overall quality, timeliness, and accuracy of policies, endorsements, and all other active and expired file correspondence and documentation.
- Accurately communicate coverage terms and all other information between clients and underwriters.
- Above all, ensure that the policy delivered to client is what was promised by firm.
- Initiate, maintain, and enhance relationships with retailers and carriers, including some social contact
- • Coach and mentor Production Assistant and/or Production Associate by providing ongoing guidance
- • Perform other work-related duties as assigned
- • Work closely with Production Team Lead and assigned Broker(s) in identifying other projects where skills, experience and knowledge can be utilized
This is a long term client and a great place to work!