Compliance Filing Manager - Los Angeles
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Compliance Filing Manager
Downtown Los Angeles
Salary - $77,000 - $87,000 - may go higher for the exact experience
Reports To: Compliance Filing Director
Direct Reports: TBD (potentially up to 1 direct report based on the current department structure)
- Oversees compliance filing decisions and day-to-day work and procedures.
- Advises on filing guidelines and provides guidance.
- Ensures filings are in accordance with company and state guidelines.
- Have current knowledge and record of files, fees, notice requirements, and approval procedures for state filing requirements.
- Participates in and/or leads periodic audits as necessary to assure compliance.
- Be up to date on effective systems to perform filing submissions, research, audits, and other functions relating to compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Ensures that the unit meets budget and performance targets.
- Responsible for the performance, development and coaching of staff (hiring, firing, performance management, pay increases, etc.). Provides training for new members to the team / unit.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Field of Study: Business, Liberal Arts or a related discipline.
- 5 or more years of related experience, exhibits leadership qualities.
- Has specialized underwriting/actuarial or law knowledge, which allows incumbents to answer Department of Insurance inquires.
- May be in the process of obtaining or may have already completed certification in area of expertise; appropriate certifications could include:
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Program in General Insurance (INS), or Fellow, Life Management Institute (FLMI), Associate Insurance Regulatory Compliance (AIRC), Certified Compliance Professional (CCP), and Associate Compliance Professional (ACP).
- Client prefers local candidates with a property & casualty background.
There will be moderate travel, only 2-3 times a year to attend business conferences.
No relocation offered at this time.
This is a really great company and they have excellent benefits!