Claims Examiner - Large Loss Property
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Large Loss Property Claims Examiner
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCED IN HANDLING LARGE PERSONAL LINES PROPERTY CLAIMS BUT TIRED OF HANDLING A DAILY PENDING AND WANT TO GET INTO SUPERVISION THIS OPPORTUNITY IS FOR YOU!
- As the Large Loss Property Examiner you will manage the work product of the Third Party Administrators (TPA's) and Independents making sure their claims handling is up too the standards of you and the company's guidelines.
- Manages the litigation process to ensure timely and cost effective claims resolution
- Assist VP in development of Best Practices
- Attend mediations and depositions as required.
- Review more complex cases and settle or initiate further action within approved authority limits.
- Grant authority on claims reserves and payments.
- Recognize and pursue recovery opportunities in regard to subrogation and salvage.
- Responsible to provide consultation and participation in the development of claim strategies handled by both independent and TPA adjusters.
- Deal with Public Adjusters as necessary.
Skills and Education:
- Bachelors degree preferred
- A minimum of 8+ years experience adjusting/examining complex claims in a personal and small commercial lines Property driven insurance environment.
- Understanding of homeowner and small commercial property coverage's and processes including the litigation process and strategy outcomes;
This opportunity has a strong base salary and an excellent bonus potential averaging 20% or more. Excellent employee benefits to include a 100% 401K matching program.
For immediate consideration please send your resume in a word document to email@example.com