Auto-Owners Insurance, a top-rated insurance carrier, is seeking an experienced and motivated claims professional to join our team. The position requires the following, but is not limited to:
- Residing in the Cedar Rapids, IA area in order to service the territory.
- Investigating and assembling facts, determining policy coverage, evaluating the amount of loss, analyzing legal liability and paying or denying losses.
- Handling multi-line property and casualty claims in an assigned territory with an emphasis on property claims.
- Becoming familiar with insurance coverage by studying insurance policies, endorsements and forms.
- Working towards the resolution of claims. May attend arbitrations, mediations, depositions, or trials as necessary.
- Ensuring that claims payments are issued in a timely and accurate manner.
- Handling investigations by phone, mail, and on-site investigations.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 years handling multi-line property and casualty claims with an emphasis on property claims.
- Field claims handling experience is helpful but not required.
- Knowledge of Xactimate software is preferred but not required
- Above average communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to resolve complex issues
- Organize and interpret data
- Ability to handle multiple assignments
- Possess a valid driver’s license
Competitive salary, matching 401(k) retirement plans, fully-funded pension plan, bonus programs, paid holidays, vacation days, personal days, paid sick leave, and a comprehensive health care plan.
*Please note that the ability to work in the U.S. without current or future sponsorship is a requirement.
Auto-Owners Insurance is a mutual insurance company made up of five property and casualty companies and one life/health/annuity insurer. Established in 1916 and headquartered in Lansing, Michigan, we currently operate in 26 states. Our written premium is nearly $6 billion, and we are proud to have been ranked among the Fortune 500 every year since 2002. Auto-Owners continues to be recognized for exceptional financial strength and stability among the nation’s largest insurers. We partner with independent agencies that sell our products and are consistently acknowledged for our superior customer service to our agents and our policyholders.
Auto-Owners offers a wide range of career opportunities, and we are seeking talent that will help us continue our long tradition of success. We offer a friendly work environment, structured training program, employee mentoring, and an excellent compensation/benefits package. Along with a competitive base salary, matched 401(k), fully funded pension plan (once vested), and bonus programs, Auto-Owners is also committed to a work/life balance and provides generous paid time off including holidays, vacation days, personal time, and sick leave. If you’re looking to do rewarding work alongside great people, Auto-Owners is the place for you!
To learn more about career opportunities available and to apply, please visit our website at www.auto-owners.com/career-center