- Career Level
About the Organization: Located in the East Bay region of the San Francisco Bay Area, this organization offers you an opportunity to join them to develop your career, contribute to a growing organization and be part of their family. They pride themselves on looking far and wide for people from all walks of life to add value to their company.
The company offers you a supportive, energetic work environment that fosters growth and innovation. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package, complemented by work-life balance programs. They seek an accomplished claims leader who can bring a well thought out strategic vision to their growing claims department.
- Responsible for strategic direction and overall leadership of the claims operation to include working closely with Financial, Actuarial, Pricing, Marketing, Underwriting and Legal/Compliance teams to ensure company profitability.
- Responsible for developing and implementing claims strategy including development of policies/practices/procedure standards and performance metrics and understanding key drivers behind frequency/severity, loss costs and loss development.
What Does It Take To Be Successful In This Role?
- 10 to 15+ years of demonstrated property casualty claims leadership.
- Thorough knowledge of laws in key operating states: California, Arizona, Nevada, and Utah as well as claims policies, procedures, and protocols; fair/unfair claims practices regulations, key operating states insurance codes and contracts, civil codes, vehicles codes, arbitration rules and regulations.
- Calm and caring leadership style.
- Able to adapt as change occurs.
- Proven track record of providing best in class claims service.