Underwriter - Professional Lines
A Leading global insurance company is seeking a Professional Lines Underwriter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Underwriting of Miscellaneous Professional Liability, Technology Errors and Omissions,Cyber Liability, Media Liability, Architects and Engineers Professional Liability, and Insurance Agents and Brokers
- Ability to evaluate all individual risk characteristics and properly determine capacity, attachment point, terms and pricing
- Maintain and enhance existing broker relationships as well as identify and develop new relationships within the Midwest region with both retail and wholesale partners.
- Develop and execute marketing plan aimed at retaining existing business and producing new opportunities
- Ability to participate in account discussions while exercising discretion and independent judgment in the analysis and evaluation of risk
- Ability to effectively interact, communicate and negotiate with all levels of external and/or internal business partners.
- Established relationships with Retail and Wholesale Network in Chicago Marketplace
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Professional lines Underwriting Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to travel approximate 10% of the time