Senior Financial Analyst, Allstate Life and Retirement
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The ALR Financial Services family is responsible for the development, maintenance, tracking and analysis of financial, strategic and statistical data and tools used throughout the organization. This can include internal and external reporting, identifying issues and analyzing trends to strengthen the understanding of financial results.
The Senior Financial Analyst works with financial and/or statistical data, turning numbers into business recommendations for our Senior Leaders to make strategic business decisions. Day to day a Senior Financial Analyst:
- Provides data to and participate in formation of expense actuals, plans and forecasts and provide answers to complex questions regarding financial matters.
- Requires more advanced understanding of the data, information, terminology and technology.
- Develops compelling story lines, deepen client insights and recommend creative actions that help guide strategy and operations
- Provides leadership to staff and contribute to the development of others within the department.
- Analyze and communicate financial results for business units within Allstate Life & Retirement. Provides complex financial analysis to support business decisions.
- Use analysis to influence and drive action within finance, and our business partners by using fact-based, holistic and forward-looking perspectives
- Report and analyze expense actual results, plans, forecasts or other financial matters which may include statistical projects of a highly complex nature.
- Drive conversations with leadership to understand business implications of current trends
- Provide accurate, timely reports with financial insight to allow business partners to improve performance
- Inspire trust and confidence in clients through strategic and diplomatic handling of relationships
- Complete complex adhoc projects/requests
- Develop and lead effective presentations for small groups
- Prepare and/or lead the completion of monthly, quarterly, annual reports and presentations of a financial nature
- At this level, an analyst may be required to train and review the work of other analysts
- A minimum of 3+ years of financial analysis experience
- Candidate must have a Bachelors degree in Finance or related area of study.
- Advanced analytical and financial model building skills
- Intermediate consulting skills
- Strong work ethic, including ability to follow-up, focus on details and take initiative
- Intellectual curiosity and drive for continuous improvement - personally and with work assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, able to work effectively with employees both internal and external to the finance function
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment
- Advanced time management skills and organization skills with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Working knowledge of Power Point and Word.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.