Leadership Development Consultant
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Leadership Development Position Family provides consulting and solutions that increase individual, team and organizational performance as well as personal and professional development to ensure our readiness for future leadership and business challenges.
The Leadership Development Consultant is responsible for assisting with the delivery of a broad scope of leadership development initiatives to internal clients by applying professional judgment, knowledge, experience and a broad perspective. The individual will assist in the development, implementation, and delivery of routine and/or innovative solutions that support leadership development with supervision.
The Leadership Development Consultant manages small projects and supports the delivery of moderate scale projects and/or work streams. Projects may include (but are not limited to) assisting with the delivery of formal learning events, developing basic communications, and assisting with content development.
- Exhibits knowledge about the client organization and business in executing leadership development activities; maintains an understanding of overall business unit strategies and priorities
- Partners in the development of objectives and project plans for leadership solutions
- Routinely runs small projects and supports moderate scale projects as needed
- Responds to routine inquiries from clients, identifies basic leadership development needs, and escalates to appropriate process owner
- Partners to create simple to moderately complex media, learning content, and activities
- Facilitation of routine learning events, activities
- Participates in the evaluation of learning, including the collection and analysis of data
- Solves a range of straightforward problems; analyzes possible solutions given experience
- Builds effective relationships within and across the team as well as with clients
- Supports the development of internal client communications and branding; adapts communication techniques for audiences at multiple internal levels
- Manages the expectations of clients and internal partners; presents facts and information to negotiate a mutually acceptable solution
- Partners with vendors to ensure effective delivery of services
- Researches leadership development solutions and drafts options to improve client service
- Maintains knowledge of leadership development trends through best practice research, internal/external benchmarking, participation in professional associations, etc.
- Creates basic queries and learning reports and measurement analyses
- Evaluates and recommends appropriate presentation method(s) for basic to intermediate information based on user needs
- Be aware of and operate within budget
- Education: Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Organizational Development, Organizational Behavior, and/or Organizational Change strongly preferred. Related certification a plus.
- Experience: 2-3 years of equivalent experience, in a position with demonstrated success in the area of Leadership Development
- Professional with strong organizational, communication (both verbal and written) and administrative skills
- Prior experience in learning, leadership development, and/or leading/managing people and/or projects
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of business software
- Basic Analytical Skills
- Basic Project Management Skills
- Ability to work independently as well as thrive in a matrixed team environment
- Strong work ethic with commitment to high performance, quality and service excellence
- Advanced time management skills including ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and organize
- Ability to establish, manage and leverage relationships with internal and external partners
- Innovative thinking and problem solving skills
- Flexibility and capability to perform in ambiguous situations
- Experience and Education Required:
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.