Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
The Bond & Specialty Insurance organization is seeking a talented professional to join the team as an Information Systems Manager on the KANBAN team. The incumbent would be charged with:
- Planning at an operational level and manage the effective use of resources.
- Leading assigned staff and vendor resources to implement and/or maintain systems and/or assigned project(s) in a Lean/Agile manner.
- Narrow to moderate scope of responsibility as defined by such things as span of control, number of systems/projects, and/or complexity of systems/projects.
- Working closely with key stakeholders to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Providing conceptual understanding and technical direction of projects and system support.
- Providing talent management to team members.
- Directly managing and setting work objectives and goals for employees and managing their performance.
- Establishing procedures for attaining specific goals and objectives in a broad area of work.
- Lead assigned staff and vendor resources to implement and/or maintain systems of medium complexity and/or assigned project(s).
- Manage to the operational plan and budget for assigned information systems and/or projects of business unit significance. Provide input to the senior management team on the development of the operational plan.
- Understand business specifications.
- Implement cost-effective information systems solutions through the creation of resource/staffing plans and prioritization of work.
- Manage within established organizational objectives.
- Provide key project stakeholders and IT leadership with timely status updates and/or system performance updates.
- Apply knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions within the context of assigned projects and/or enhancements.
- Manage team direction and the day-to-day work of direct reports.
- Responsible for providing consistent performance feedback and coaching and completing formal performance reviews.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- 6 years of technology or business related experience preferred.
- 1 year of experience leading/managing others in a Lean/Agile environment preferred.
Technical Knowledge: Has working knowledge of all programming disciplines and an understanding of the business that the assigned systems are supporting. Has conceptual knowledge of varying technologies and the ability to make decisions based on that knowledge. Has thorough understanding of staff responsibilities, abilities and development needs.
Business Knowledge & Partnership: Able to develop business partnerships and influence business priorities through solution identification aligned with business objectives and goals. Ability to create an atmosphere where business partner's issues are dealt with professionally, and in a timely manner. Communicates openly and effectively in a manner consistent with the audience. Problem Solving & Decision Making: Demonstrates sound analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are loosely defined and/or where information is available but must be further analyzed. Once decisions are made, is able to execute on plans. Breaks a problem down to manageable pieces and implements effective, timely solutions. Takes input from several sources, decides if all the information needed is available and moves to a decision. Openly and directly confronts conflict until resolved.
Team Orientation: Maintains effective partnerships across the organization and is able to influence senior management, peers and subordinates through an inclusive style and recognition of their abilities and knowledge. Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interest.
Leadership: Supports a distinct business unit or several smaller functions. Responsibilities are assigned with some latitude for setting priorities and decision-making using established policies and procedures. Results are reviewed with next level manager for clarification and direction before proceeding.
Planning and Project Management: Identifies those unit tasks that are most important and maintains a clear sense of priorities and the larger picture. Anticipates and effectively responds to changes in workload and resources. Is able to influence management, peers and subordinates through an inclusive style and recognition of their abilities and knowledge. Knowledge of Agile methodology and ability to apply them to projects of moderate complexity. In the Agile environment the manager level typically performs as the Scrum Master or Kanban Master.
Financial Awareness: Develops a portion of an overall divisional budget subject to review and is responsible for expense control for the units assigned. Demonstrates sound cost-effectiveness. Failure to achieve objectives can result in delays or inefficiencies requiring the readjustment of resources and/or staff. Responsible for important and confidential information.
Human Resource Management: Demonstrates good interpersonal skills by displaying an understanding of the needs and perspective of others. Able to balance the workload of team members and supervise individuals of varying abilities. Able to identify the talents of others and match them to the tasks that will best suit the unit goals and/or provide growth for the individual. Able to assess and identify employee development and put together a training plan for the individual. Coaches staff to stimulate their professional growth. Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of staff performance evaluations and development planning. Recruits and retains effective staff members. Demonstrates a capacity to recognize, value and respect differences across a diverse work force.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 3 years of technology or business related experience required.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE