AmTrust Financial Services
Administration / Clerical, Financial Services, Accounting
Under minimum supervision, demonstrates thorough understanding of each Accounts Receivable processing function. Accounts receivable clerk will be assigned multiple administrative duties within the company to ensure effective, efficient and accurate servicing of policies. Accelerates processing of insured, agent and underwriters policy changes, taking payments from customers and solving issues in line with standard department procedures. Prepares information for clients and service partners according to specified procedures and instructions. This position is a second shift position from 11:00am-8:00pm.Responsibilities
- Assists agents and underwriters with complex policy dispute functions.
- Works independently within scope of job function.
- Process adjustments and perform account reconciliations.
- Acts as a functional team member supporting production needs.
- Process payment changes and create manual invoices.
- Process credit card payments.
- Follows established corporate and department policies and procedures.
- Acts as support for other production functions.
- Processes complex accounts under client care.
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years accounts receivable experience.
- Insurance experience.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Be able to answer phones and have a good verbal and communication skills.
- Ability to succeed in a high production, deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to read and follow instructions.
- Eye-hand coordination, manual dexterity and the ability to operate general office equipment.
- Flexible, able to work additional hours as needed.
- Must be able to work from 11:00am - 8:00pm
- Core Competencies:
- Meets deadlines, demonstrates adaptability and detail orientation.
- Shows work commitment and manages stress.
- Prioritizes work, focuses effectively.
- Seeks and accepts feedback.
- Drives results.
- Understands dept. policies and procedures.
- Questions effectively.
- Provides specific, timely feedback.
- Writes clearly and concisely; speaks effectively
- Demonstrates appropriate business phone etiquette, has voice/phone presence
- Simplifies, improves work processes.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude.
- Follows through.
- Relates with diverse groups.
- Demonstrates client sensitivity.
- Consistently demonstrates the Values of Teamwork, Respect, Accountability, Professionalism and Integrity.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.