Lead Consultant, Strategy and Operations
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
- Manage the AIA Reporting and Analytics report portfolio and data strategy while leading a small team to help support AIAs organizational goals
- Utilizing Business Objects/SQL/Tableau/Excel, update existing reports and distribute to stakeholders within defined SLAs
- Leveraging Allstate data, perform research and analysis pertaining to performance of AIA initiatives; identify drivers at the regional, state, market, and/or agency level; draw conclusions and communicate results/recommendations to team lead and necessary stakeholders
- Help develop new, insightful dashboards and scorecards to measure the success of pilots, initiatives, optimization, etc.
- Perform ad-hoc research and analysis of varying levels of complexity
- Manage small projects as needed
- Tap into Allstate Data and vendor data to provide insights into our comparative raters, including customer/market profiles and competitive position
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Allstate processed performed by other areas and how they interact
- Builds and maintains relationships with business and technology partners needed to accomplish assigned tasks
- Works cooperatively with project team members and field leaders
- With direction, develops, operationalizes and implements ideas that have long term broad organizational impacts; contributes to thought leadership in the department
- Communicates and presents project information/updates to various levels of leadership including senior leadership/Officers within Sales and across other functional business units
- Applies best practices when summarizing, consolidating, and presenting findings and recommendations. Reviews and edits prepared material for Home Office, Field, Leaders and Agencies.
- Assists in determining where additional resources/expertise may be necessary to successfully complete projects/assignments
- Anticipates needs of the business units and leads efforts for continuous improvements
- Develops, operationalizes, and implements ideas that have long term broad organizational impacts
- Communicates in challenging and complex situations. Presents complicated information with efficiency
- Applies demonstrated knowledge of how AIA businesses function and what it takes to for an AIA to be successful.
- Possess an operating level of knowledge of Allstate products, discounts, markets and competition in various markets within all the states and regions.
- Strong, concise communicator of business goals, objectives methodology and functions,
- Interprets and draws conclusions from business data, demonstrating an understanding of overall business needs and desires that apply to a project or effort,
- Communicates effectively in challenging and complex situations. Presents complicated information with efficiently.
- Contributes to Allstate strategy. Possesses cross-functional awareness; understands the different contributions from other disciplines and work with colleagues from across the organization to achieve better results.
- 5 + years of experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to synthesize information from several data sources and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-starter with agility to learn and develop in the analytic space
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Creative thinker with advanced problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop and/or revise tactics to support changing strategies and direction
- Demonstrated time management and project management skills
- Comfortable performing in a fast-paced, dynamic and ambiguous environment
- Ability to work independently and with limited direction, driving change through influence and through establishing and maintaining relationships within and across business units and teams
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel; demonstrated ability to perform analysis with large data sets
- Experience using SAP/Business Objects and/or SQL to query data
- Intermediate knowledge of Tableau (constructing dashboards, analysis)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.