IT Sourcing Lead Consultant
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstates Sourcing and Procurement Solutions (SPS) department is seeking individuals who have significant experience in Information Technology related strategic sourcing, category management and procurement operations experience to add to our team. The ideal candidate for this opportunity will possess proficient hardware (client computing and infrastructure), software licensing (both perpetual and SaaS), and IT professional services/consulting (including complex software development engagements) sourcing and category management capabilities. The specific role for which we are hiring is the IT Sourcing Lead Consultant. The IT Sourcing Lead Consultant will be responsible for a variety of assignments of varying complexity and risk, in support of SPS objectives.
This role has no direct team management responsibilities but will manage indirect relationships and require the ability to influence multiple stakeholders in the execution of work responsibilities. The IT Sourcing Lead Consultant has the responsibility to manage internal relationships by anticipating changing business conditions and consulting with key clients by coordinating and or leading sourcing/project teams and advisory boards as it relates to the IT category. This role utilizes a disciplined strategic sourcing methodology to deliver procurement value which in turn enables clients to deliver on their commitments. This role is responsible for the enforcement of policy, procedures and enables compliance reporting to govern the IT spend category. The successful candidate(s) will have proven capabilities to independently draft effective communications, memos, presentation materials, and conduct demand management assessments in support of assigned commodities/ assignments.
Sourcing & Category Management
- Proactively assess sourcing and category opportunities by gathering spend information, company purchasing patterns, competitive position, structured analysis of supplier/category industry, economics, market conditions, and expiring contracts
- Collaborate with clients to understand their business needs and objectives
- Establish sourcing strategies which include evaluation of sourcing alternatives, identifying the sourcing approach, and establishing project plan / timeline to deliver an effective sourcing solution
- Effectively drive execution of the sourcing strategy for key projects which includes ability to create and utilize the most appropriate sourcing tools / templates, align business client needs, identify supply alternatives (inclusive of diverse suppliers), effectively communicate with suppliers, and influence cross functional teams / advisory groups
- Develop supplier selection criteria and gain client alignment; facilitate cross functional teams to evaluate supplier responses to select finalists (participate if appropriate) and effectively communicate the impact of sourcing decisions to involved clients, management, impacted employees and suppliers
- Negotiate contract terms and perform all aspects of the contract process
- Develop and execute an overarching category strategy and plan
- Perform all aspects of the Supplier Performance Management (SPM) process including contract inventory, segmentation, risk assessments, contingency planning and validation of right pricing
- Create and implement SPM plan and internal compliance standards and measurements
- Document supplier performance measurements that ensure achievement of client goals
- Conduct business reviews with suppliers and internal clients to measure supplier performance, contract adherence and participate in issue resolution
- Maintain contact and network with supplier community
- Bachelors degree in business, supply chain, or related field
- MBA is a plus
- (CPSM) CPM and/or CPCU designation preferred
- 5+ years business experience in sourcing and procurement, supplier management, or relevant industry
- Advanced knowledge of procurement techniques and principles
- Sourcing process, negotiations, contracting, supplier management, supplier diversity, industry/trend analysis, metrics/measurement, etc.
- Procurement tools (i.e., financial reporting tools, contract management tool, reverse auctions, etc.)
- Knowledge of assigned commodity industry / marketplace /business sector
- Sourcing for high complexity commodities
- Advanced experience with RFP development and execution
- Strong negotiation experience
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, to interact independently with both internal customers and external suppliers at all staff levels
- Project management and organizational skills
- Experience with prioritizing projects and review with management
- Advanced analytical capabilities, including cost models
- Experience with conducting issue analysis, solution development, and conflict resolution
- Customer focus
- Stakeholder management
- Experience with influencing actions/decisions of customers and suppliers (at all levels)
- Experience with formulating strategies and approaches to achieve project objectives
- Experience with developing junior level employees (directly or indirectly)
- Awareness of corporate and SPS goals
- Ownership of and input into departmental direction
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Demonstration of continued development via obtainment of professional designations (e.g., CPM, CPCU, CPA)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.