- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The SharePoint Specialist is a supporting position to enable S2P Operations across SPS and other areas of the business. This role primarily focuses on web content publishing stewardship, including design, development, maintenance and user support, as well as responsibility for overall web strategy in partnership with the SPS Change Management team. The SPS employee portal and SPS intranet website enables internal customers to conduct procurement activities that support their business objectives. This role is currently focused on SharePoint web development, but other web skills are a plus.
This role also contributes ideas for continuous improvement, assists in process refinement, and coordinates content updates, review processes, and compliance reporting. Under the direction of others, this role assists in the full S2P operational spectrum as needed, and completes other assignments / backup responsibilities to enable results.
Leadership, Control, & Compliance
- Learn and operate within the standard policies and procedures governing the procurement of goods and services for the organization
- Ensure all new SPS processes, policies, new commodities, controls, etc. are communicated to both onshore and offshore teams to facilitate correct buying channels and helpdesk responses.
- Assist in the monitoring of SPS department compliance with corporate policies and requirements.
SPS Portal Design, Setup, and Management
- Partner with SPS leaders and internal customers to understand requirements for the SPS employee portal and intranet website
- Identify and manage relevant content publishing on the portal, including but not limited to SPS policies and procedures, training materials, communications, end-user support information for procurement systems (e.g., electronic supplier catalog, contract management, sourcing).
- Collaborate with SPS leaders to enhance site features and functionality to support business requirements.
- Determine and manage user access to SPS portal content and functionality.
- Manage portal content, including regular updates to ensure that all materials are current.
- Gather end-user feedback on site performance and functionality, in collaboration with Communications and Change Management, and produce basic reports on website usage.
- Recommend improvements to the SPS portal, based on feedback and best practices research.
- Work closely with the Technology and Tools Lead and ATO to implement system enhancement projects and support the resolution of end-user issues, through coordination with ATO.
- Create required education for end-user groups and facilitate training sessions as necessary.
Other Responsibilities and Back up Roles
- With guidance, help prepare communications, presentations, portal related materials, contracts, and other documents as necessary.
- Recognize and share opportunities for integration, continuous improvement, and change management based on observations and operational experience
- Support Internal Auditing of procurement activity throughout the organization.
- Contribute to discussions with enterprise functions including Law & Regulation, Privacy, Security Governance, Risk Management, Tax, Compliance, Cost Management, Accounts Payables, etc
- Support other Operations Analysts as needed whether related to S2P, contract management, and other tier 2 escalations, and tools / technology
- Bachelors degree in business, technology, supply chain, or related field
- 1 - 3 years business experience, including experience in IT, communications, or relevant industry
- Experience in sourcing and procurement or finance a plus
- Experience and knowledge for web design and site management
- Website design principles and techniques
- Basic experience in HTML and CSS (Adobe DreamWeaver and InfoPath a plus)
- Advanced experience in Microsoft SharePoint and form creation (Nintex workflows)
- Content management principles and technologies
- Designing website layouts and managing website content
- Basic knowledge of procurement techniques and principles
- Sourcing process, negotiations, contracting, supplier management, supplier diversity, industry/trend analysis, metrics/measurement, etc.
- Procurement tools (i.e., reporting tools, contract management tool, reverse auctions, etc.)
- Broad category knowledge
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, to interact with both internal customers and external suppliers
- Project management and organizational skills
- Basic analytical capabilities
- Customer focus
- Awareness of corporate and SPS goals
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint)
- Experience with SAP procurement and financial modules a plus
- A general understanding of mobile tools such as Smartphone (Android and Apple), tablets and other surface devices
- Thrive in changing environment; show adaptability and tolerance to stress
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.