Claims Learning Delivery Senior Consultant
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exciting career opportunity for a Claims Learning Delivery Senior Consultant in Wheeling, IL
Change. Influence. Impact. Teach.
Do you have a passion for learning and growing? Do you enjoy helping other become successful? Are you a good coach? Do you have an in-depth knowledge of the Claims technical role?
If you said yes to these questions, the following opportunity at Claims Learning and Development (CLD) will enable you to further leverage these interests and passion for developing others. CLD offers the unique training experience that is interactive, hands-on, and learner-directed with the ultimate goal of performance enhancement. CLDs rigorous approach requires students to demonstrate their ability to perform a job and/or apply a skill. Training for casualty, auto liability, property and auto technical is provided through instructor-led, immersive and virtual platforms using a contemporary blended approach.
In your position, you will play both the role of student and teacher. Your zest for knowledge drive you to learn new things about trends in both training and claims, incorporating new ideas into the Claims learning environment. Your passion, commitment and ability will help people realize their potential.
Under limited supervision, this individual is responsible for assessing complex training needs, developing, leading and facilitating formal claim training workshops/learning experiences designed to onboard new Liability and 3rd Party Casualty adjusters. These workshops are hosted at CLD in Wheeling, Illinois; Field travel may be required up to 25% of time. The individual is responsible for leading facilitated discussions and directs students in various hands-on, immersive experiences related to the students' newly appointed role. The individual instructs and coaches students on customer service skills and other technical duties, administers tests, and grades student performance. The individual also may act as a back-up instructor for other Claims disciplines and the Virtual Delivery teams to which they are not regularly assigned. The individual also delivers compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the internal/external customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Manages, researches, and resolves complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Reviews customer satisfaction results; recommends, designs, and implements personal and business unit action plans
Training - Develop and Deliver
- Contributes to the evaluation of current course content and training strategies and provides recommendations to develop and improve curriculum
- With the support of subject matter experts, contributes to the development of training documentation
- Contributes to identifying and recommending intermediate or complex content to meet unit needs for training and development
- Communicates to CSLs, other supervisors and managers training schedules and performance of employees in training
- Assesses training participants individual learning and recommends to employee and/or manager action or training needed to help improve understanding
- Delivers multiple training modules within the CLD workshops, which may include classroom/webinar lectures and hands-on demonstrations, customer simulations, and other activities
- Partners with instructional designer on content updates and maintenance
- Assists with metrics analysis
- Provides instruction, follow-up coaching/mentoring and feedback for various training modules
- Coaches students one-on-one as they work through hands-on exercises
- Provides peer feedback from observations of facilitation.
- Coordinates the initial set-up of classes, which includes reviewing the class list and preparing materials for the class
- Analyzes individual students' work and test material to evaluate the final class score
- Runs reports that compile and tabulate students' individual work to create a final report for the individual classes
- Submits individual student training reports for payment and grading
- Compiles statistics from classes to report to management as requested
Other Projects and Responsibilities
- Contributes to one or more complex special assignments
- May act as a resource on non-workshop training design requests
- May serve as a committee contributor for medium-sized projects or as a committee team member on large projects
- Applies broad knowledge of training facilitation and coaching skills with the adult learner
- Intermediate knowledge and 2-3 years of experience in the property damage (i.e., residential) estimating and/or construction industry or auto technical or Liability Determination & 3rd Party Casualty is preferred
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Ability to interact effectively, and coach others on interacting effectively, with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Intermediate knowledge and 2-3 years experience in using claim estimating software/tools (e.g., Xactimate, Xactware, CCC, Colossus) is preferred
- Knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Knowledge of discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Strong communication Skills: Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to engage and persuade, able to negotiate and arbitrate
- Applies broad conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Applies broad problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Demonstrated Leadership skills: Engage and empower students to deliver a positive claims experience
- Leader in Innovation and Problem solving: Seeks new ways to drive change and improve processes; Applies highly advanced knowledge of problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.