Director Product Management Digital Safety
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The mission of Allstate Digital Ventures (ADV) is to enable all consumers to love your digital life through technology products and services which eliminate worries, improve convenience, and enhance the quality of online life while expanding Allstates reach into new markets. Efforts are underway to develop our first product for market launch, and stand up a new business. Allstate Digital Ventures is a strategic priority for the Allstate Corporation.
Allstate Digital Ventures is looking to assemble a senior leadership team that can help grow and scale this business, consisting of capable and seasoned general managers (GMs) who can provide strategic and operational oversight of designated functions, serve as cross-functional thought partners across the ADV leadership team, and progressively expand their scope and influence.
- Lead, grow and scale a team of product owners with cross-functional responsibilities across consumer, design and user experience, technology, business and operations
- Create the multi-year product vision and roadmap
- Oversee multiple product areas across the end-to-end lifecycle discovery, concept design, test-and-learn, development, commercial launch, and ongoing management and expansion
- Develop expertise in relevant consumer and technology markets and competitive landscapes, as well as a strong foundational understanding of relevant technology principles and trade-offs
- Be a broad-based GM of the ADV business, progressively expanding scope and influence as the business grows
- Drive major cross-functional initiatives, anticipating obstacles and making difficult trade-offs across consumer experience, technical and operational constraints.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders in consumer research, product design and definition, software development, business development and commercialization
- Ensure end-to-end quality and success of the product and platform
- Serve as an ambassador for ADV to executives, senior leaders and the broader organization. Develop key relationships and deliver compelling presentations.
- Drive new ways of working within ADV and across the broader Allstate organization, continuously improving outcomes in product quality, speed-to-market, scalability, profitability and team engagement
The successful candidate will have the following profile and experience:
- Minimum 7+ years of work experience with demonstrated upward trajectory and increasing levels of responsibility in high talent environments
- Track record of developing and launching new consumer products which have delivered meaningful business value
- Formal engineering background or credible experience working with technology-intensive products or services in depth
- Emerging GM profile with consistent success at the intersection of consumer, technology and business areas
- Experience understanding, analyzing and synthesizing consumer needs and emerging market trends into actionable strategy and direction
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Smart generalist mindset with high context-awareness and ability to learn unfamiliar subject matter quickly
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop, and lead high performance teams comprised of direct reports, peers and matrix relationships
- Experience in building trust with and influencing senior-level stakeholders
A bachelors degree with differentiated academic achievement is required. An MBA from a top business school is highly desired but not required.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.