Teamwork. Integrity. Dedication.
Together, we make a difference.
If you are a career-minded, service-driven professional looking to join a fast paced organization then you have come to the right place. AAA is a member service organization affiliated with the national AAA network. With offices across the U.S., we're united by common mission and common values of excellent member service. With more than 13,000 employees in 21 states, we provide legendary service to 15 million loyal members. With a constantly growing membership, we are always welcoming dedicated professionals looking to challenge themselves and build a career within our dynamic organization. You will find that being part of a very successful team is extremely rewarding.
As an API Lead:
- Responsible for providing the highest level of technical leadership, mentorship, and direction.
- Work with the Solution architects and other developers, to drive the Technical/Integration Architecture, including development, runtime and operation architectures
- Determine the right integration platform for the applications and establish the environment and integration platform environments.
- Develop an application based strategy to define, refactor and build solutions to move legacy systems to API architecture.
- Ability to work within an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver solutions.
- Collaborate with IT management, product owner and team members and to evaluate, design, and provide technical solutions that support the organizational strategy and otherwise contribute to the delivery of cost effective business solutions.
- Act as an internal technical mentor and consultant.
- The main requirement for an Advanced Technologies Technical Lead is assessing technology viability and contributing to sound, cost-effective technical recommendations to achieve customer needs.
- Design multiple services based on different standards for REST, web services, data integration techniques, messaging, and transformation engines and non-standard services (APIs).
- Document/generate API specifications for multiple consumers and make sure that integration is seamless across the board.
- Drive solution development through requirements gathering, analysis, discovery, business plan creation, and solution level of effort estimates
- Provide general guidance and mentoring for team members on designing and implementing APIs
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 9+ years of professional information technology experience, including 5+ years of integration.
- 4 to 6 years of hands-on experience with ESB and API Management
- Experience orchestrating integration use cases involving multiple systems and complex business logic tying in system, process, and experience API layers
- Extensive experience coding, designing, and developing RESTful APIs, Node.js, and Java/Spring
- Deep understanding of various protocols such as REST, HTTP, MQ, JSON, and SOAP
- Broad knowledge of web standards relating to APIs (OAuth, SSL, JWT)
- Experience extending and building reusable services over off-the-shelf software platforms and knowledge of available API sets like Salesforce
- Experience in Webservices, Microservices architecture and implementation
- 3 to 5 years of Java or C# development
- Sound and in-depth understanding of SOA/EAI/ESB concepts, SOA Governance, Event Driven Architecture, message based architectures, data virtualization and caching strategies, and frameworks.
- Maintain working knowledge of API security standards and implementation (Oauth 2.0, OpenID, JSON, Web Token, JOSE, x509 certificates); Maintain knowledge of API security certification, authentication, authorization, IP security setup, and endpoint configuration
- Working knowledge of one of the platforms such as Apigee, Mulesoft API, Dell API or similar products
- Maintain working knowledge of API management platforms and API related activities; requirement analysis, solution architecture and design, resource-based API modeling
- Maintain knowledge of API design standards, patterns, and best practice
- Advanced proficiency in implementing API Service architectures (SOAP, REST) using any of the market leading API Management tools.
- Provide advice and guidance to the various teams regarding technical and functional design decisions along with industry best practices.
- Experience using Cloud based solutions is desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of test-driven development practices as well as CI/CD tools and in its usage for support of continuous integration & deployment is desirable.
- Understanding of DevOps Processes
- Good to have working knowledge on IBM API Connect, IBM API Manager, IBM Data Power
* Health Coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision
* Paid time off including Vacation, Illness and Holidays
* Life Insurance
* Disability Coverage
* 401k Savings Plan
* Employee Discounts
* Career opportunities across multiple business lines and states
'Creating members for life by exceeding our members' expectations through valuable products and legendary service.'
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE