AmTrust Financial Services
Financial Services, IT
- The business data analyst will support our accounting teams as a liaison between the business department and information technology. Specialized knowledge in statutory and GAAP accounting concepts is preferred.
- Works as a liaison to finance team to elicit, analyze, communicate, validate and document requirements for changes to data requirements and reporting needs related to financial data including policy, claim and actuarial data.
- Business Data Analysts must able to clearly document financial accounting, Actuarial and Compliance reporting and data requirements and produce project artifacts that are understandable to a technologist with little or no accounting knowledge. . Transforms the business requirements and solution into Business Requirements Document (BRD), User Story/ies and Software Change Request Documents.
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Defines, prioritizes, communicates, and fosters shared understanding of project objectives and scope
- Performs and communicates results of stakeholder analysis
- Plans and adapts approach to business analysis activities and artifacts
- Collaborates with stakeholders to elicit, prioritize, validate, and document testable, developer-ready business requirements
- Collaborates with technical team members to ensure the solution design satisfies project objectives and business requirements
- Assists the business in determining if and how new systems or system enhancements may improve business processes and capabilities
- Serves as a critical resource and liaison between subject matter experts and technologists throughout the project lifecycle
- Collaborates with business subject matter experts and technologists throughout the project lifecycle
- Identifies and communicates risks and issues as well as possible solutions to manager and project management team.
- Participates in peer reviews of business data analysis artifacts.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience as a Data Analyst.
- Worked as Data Analyst in at least two prior system conversions with one in either general ledger other accounting system.
- Experience in preparing data mapping documents to map source data to the target system or database.
- Expert level expertise in writing SQL code for querying and analyzing data
- Expert level expertise in one or more data profiling tools to profile source data
- Good understanding or property and casualty insurance or finance.
- Ability to prepare high quality documentation that can be shared with business leaders
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills and active listening skills
- Able to think creatively and have flexibility
- Able to act as a change agent to respectfully challenge the norm
- Bachelor's Degree required from college or university
- Possess at basic understanding of SOX and financial controls
- Strong project management background with experience with Agile methodology.
- Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and experience in an approach such as waterfall, Agile, or Scrum
- Proficient in organization and time management skills
- Able to work on multiple projects of moderate complexity simultaneously
- Able to adjust quickly to changing priorities.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly in Outlook, Word, Excel, Project and Visio
- Proficient in the use of web-based document repository applications (e.g., Microsoft SharePoint)
- Able to work with little to no supervision.
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.