AmTrust Financial Services
Latham, New York
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc., is a New York City-based multinational property and casualty insurance company. Operating through its subsidiaries, its operations are divided into three segments: Small Commercial Business insurance, Specialty Risk and Extended Warranty insurance, and Specialty Middle-Market Property and Casualty insurance. The Workers' Compensation assistant will provide assistance to workers' compensation claim adjusters by performing a variety of support services that include, but are not limited to, those listed in the essential job functions section below.
- Performs data entry functions (claim checks, claim file updates, forms, form letters, electronic interfaces, etc.) as directed by claims adjuster or supervisor.
- Assists adjusters in contacting insureds or other involved persons to obtain missing or incomplete information
- Receives and/or returns telephone calls as directed by claims adjuster.
- Performs general maintenance of claims documents in the claim files.
- Other tasks as assigned by adjusters or supervisor.
- Thorough knowledge of workers compensation claims procedures and policies
- Ability to take direction and make decisions.
- Self organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to learn new procedures quickly and adapt to a changing environment.
- Professional telephone demeanor and good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic understanding of business technology.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work occasional night/weekend as dictated by office needs
- High school diploma
- Some college preferred
- Prefer 3+ years of experience in a worker's compensation claims department or related experience
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.