AmTrust Financial Services
The Director of Business Development is responsible for carrying out the sales functions and goals of AmTrust's Special Risk products nationally. Primary responsibility includes selling extended warranty products and services to automotive vehicle service contract (VSC) third party administrators (TPA). This position will work with customers to find what they want, create solutions and ensure a smooth sales process. Also responsible for finding new sales leads and establishing long lasting business relationships.Responsibilities
- Establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.
- Submits orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- 3+ years experience in selling into third party VSC administration accounts
- Proven track record of exceeding sales goals and developing relationships
- Bachelor's degree required
- Ability to travel as required
- Strong knowledge of business finance, marketing, and negotiation
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills with both customers and within the corporation
- Strong presentation skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Self-motivated, innovative and able to work autonomously with little direction
- Professional demeanor
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.