HR Leadership Development Associate Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Leadership Development Family provides formal learning programs, experiential learning, relationship-based learning, development consulting, development services and solutions, as well as personal and professional development to ensure Allstates readiness for future leadership and business challenges. The outcome is increased and improved individual, team, and organizational performance. The scope of Leadership Developments function is Executives, strategic talent pools, all managers, emerging leaders, and all employees as self-leaders.
The Leadership Development Associate Manager is responsible for developing and directing the activities that provide leadership development opportunities to internal clients across the enterprise by applying professional competency and judgment, knowledge, and experience. The Associate Manager leads projects and teams to result in the development, implementation, and delivery of complex, critical and innovative solutions that support the leadership development strategy. The Associate Manager also has budget planning and adherence accountabilities for programs/processes they own.
- Act as internal consultant to all levels of management, in order to resolve complex/critical leadership development issues and effectively communicate leadership development as a business imperative by linking development to business outcomes
- Develop services and programs, directly and through a team of direct reports, to retain, develop, and prepare top leadership talent for new and expanded accountabilities
- Develop, and plan company-wide leadership development events and activities
- Introduce and serve as contact for leadership development initiatives based on Allstates unique needs
- Partner and collaborate with other AORs and departments in Human Resources (Workforce Measurement, Workforce Relations, Talent Acquisition, Inclusive Diversity, and Law/Regulation) to ensure holistic and systemic leadership development
- Build relationships with client groups to integrate development opportunities and strategies with business strategies
- Actively work with business partners, client services, and Areas of Responsibilities (AORs) to ensure that leadership development practices are understood and supported; actively participate in the delivery of core leadership development initiatives; work with clients to gain in depth knowledge of client business objectives and or goals
- Develop and maintain program/process metrics to demonstrate business value
- Sustain and grow knowledge on leadership development in the industry through benchmarking and maintaining contact with others in the field (e.g., professional associations and educational groups)
- Effectively manage and lead team; execute all talent management processes (e.g., select talent, develop talent, evaluate talent, etc.)
- Plan, monitor, and maintain department expense plan
- Bachelors degree in related fields of Education or Adult Learning; Advanced degree in Instuctional Design preferred
- Experience: 5+ years of equivalent experience, in a position with demonstrated success in the area of Leadership Development
- Experience working with employees and management of all levels
- Strong client focus with outstanding judgment, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Sensitivity to the diverse needs of all individuals
- Understanding of human resources principles and practices
- Understanding of cross-cultural, international, and diversity communication theories
- Presentation skills with subject matter expertise and experience to communicate and provide recommendations to managers and HR
- Excellent interpersonal, cross-cultural communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of business software
- Advanced facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to think strategically, conceptually, analytically and creatively
- Ability to influence others to achieve results
- Advanced time management skills including ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and organize, and create alignment and buy in from clients and direct reports
- Demonstrated clear, concise and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish, manage and leverage relationships with internal and external partners
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced project management skills
- Consulting presence ability to interact and facilitate meetings with various levels of leadership, adapting behavior to different people and situations
- Consulting capabilities develops relationships with various stakeholders that maximize the achievement of business outcomes, client commitment and long-term sustainability
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.