Commercial Lines Director of Underwriting
We are assisting our client, a well-established insurance and financial services company, to find a Commercial Lines Director (AVP level) of Underwriting. This position, open because of premium growth, will be located in sunny southern CA. Relocation is available.
This position will have responsibility for a very large $$ market with approximately 80 underwriting professionals, including underwriting leaders. They are looking for someone with potential to develop into an executive role; someone with strong performance-based management skills. This is not a technical underwriting role so they are open to candidates in any area of commercial insurance who are dynamic and confident leaders.
The ideal candidate:
- Someone who is now in a management role as a first level officer or director in a smaller company who is looking for an opportunity with a large national carrier OR someone who is currently running a small team and is looking for the challenge of running a large team
- Commercial experience is a must (Packages, Auto and Worker's Comp)
- Bachelor's Degree
- Insurance designation
- 10+ years of progressive commercial multi-line experience including management of managers.
- Strong leader who can train and teach accountability, can work with agents in the field and help with future strategic growth initiatives.
- Must have a positive, energetic personality
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
Our client offers a competitive compensation/benefits package. This position is eligible for a generous bonus.
For additional information, contact Rena or Steve, 877-934-JOBS (5627). Please e-mail your resume to: email@example.com. Put the position title and location in the subject line. Thank you.
ExeCareer respects your privacy and will not share your information without your permission
Apply for Commercial Lines Director of Underwriting
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly