Staff Accountant, Reporting Team
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Corporate Reporting (CR) - Communicates the financial results of the Allstate Corporation and its subsidiaries to external users, which includes completing all Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings and the preparation of audited US Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP) basis financial:
- Prepares and files the quarterly and annual SEC Forms 10-Q and 10-K, as required for all publicly traded companies as well as file the quarterly statutory financial statements required by state insurance departments and the NAIC.
- Enforces and ensures compliance over financial reporting through the implementation of new accounting standards and reporting guidelines issued by the FASB, SEC and NAIC.
- Manages external financial reporting to support and enable Allstates ability to achieve business objectives including access to capital markets and life insurance product offerings.
The department is responsible for the financial reporting for The Allstate Corporation and subsidiaries. This includes completing all SEC filings and the preparation of audited US GAAP basis financial statements for various subsidiary companies.
The Accounting Consultant II is responsible for:
- Assisting with the preparation of all Allstate SEC reports, GAAP audit reports and financial reporting sections of shareholder external communications, such as the quarterly earnings release and Investor Supplement
- Coordinating the preparation of materials for certain committee meetings, such as the Audit Committee and Disclosure Committee
- Assisting with XBRL tagging process
- Assisting with team projects
- Implementing process improvements
- Other miscellaneous responsibilities and projects
- Working collaboratively within the team and across the department
The skills required are:
- Attention to detail when preparing work and process documentation
- Organizational and referencing skills related to financial statements and supporting schedules prepared and received from suppliers
- Asks questions to understand the work assigned
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently
- Ability to multi-task and work with multiple customers and suppliers while consistently meeting required reporting deadlines
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to assemble and communicate information and results
- Knowledge of financial statement reporting and related analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products (including PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with Workiva or Wings (software used in reporting) a plus
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- Knowledge of GAAP (preferred)
- Public accounting experience (preferred)
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- 1-3 years of related accounting experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.