Associate Marketing Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The purpose of the Consumer Marketing Local Planning & Execution team is to lead the marketing strategy, planning and development of consumer, customer and Allstate Agency level communications programs. These programs build Allstate brand consideration, loyalty, drive brand consistency, and broaden the brand footprint across all media and communication vehicles. The Consumer Marketing Local Planning & Execution team collaborates with various Allstate product marketing internal and external marketing partners to ensure programs and communications are strategically aligned with business goals and strategies.
The Consumer Marketing Local Planning & Execution Associate Marketing Manager supports planning and creative development of marketing communications programs and leads/manages day-to-day execution of marketing communications tactics that support local and Agency level marketing strategies. The Associate Manager is accountable for leading all phases of a program/project plan across multiple regions. This position consults with others in Consumer Marketing or business areas including close alignment with Regional Marketing teams in the field to gain input to develop, execute and measure the marketing plan. The Associate Manager must possess a variety of competencies including strong attention-to-detail, advanced communication skills, understanding of media terminology, basic media planning and buying processes, copyediting and ability to judge creative and provide constructive feedback to both internal and external partners. The Consumer Marketing Local Planning & Execution Associate Manager is expected to demonstrate meticulous follow-through and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Manage the planning, creative development and implentation of integrated marketing communications to support various programs and strategies, offering solutions and recommendations to manager and other contributing team members
- Day to day management of creative and media agencies across all active regional / agent level programs
- Manage required day-to-day tasks, including status report and timeline management, meeting coordination, legal and key stakeholder approvals, and maintaining centralized files for reference and compliance.
- Management of program budgets and provide monthly and quarterly budget forecasts to finance team
- Develop presentations, program overviews, recaps, and other materials for internal meetings; present work internally to Consumer Marketing leadership and other business partners
- Integration across Consumer Marketing Product Marketing teams and other departments, building relationships with internal and external business partners and resources
- Initiate ideas and actions on cross-functional teams
- Work with solid level of independence on new or unfamiliar projects of moderate complexity
- Intermediate organization and project/program/time management skills
- Intermediate experience using Microsoft suite
- Intermediate relationship, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Intermediate presentation development and delivery skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; strong ability to write, copyedit and judge creative
- 5-7 years of Marketing experience, preferably including Advertising/Marketing Agency experience
- Bachelors degree required, advanced degree preferred: Marketing, Journalism or Communications concentration preferred
- Experience managing media and production budgets across multiple programs
- Regional, Local or Field marketing experience or exposure is a plus
- Event planning is also a plus
- Must be highly motivated and a passionate team player
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.