Project Manager, Design and Construction
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Planning, design and construction of new corporate facilities, capital improvement projects and interior renovations at corporate owned and leased facilities throughout the US portfolio. Provides leadership and vision to the entire project team, both inside and outside the organization.
Manages the design and construction of leasehold improvements at locations within the corporate leased building portfolio. Direct accountability for project cost and schedule as well as adherence to corporate space allocation and construction standards. Provides professional services to corporate real estate, engineering and business unit managers during project planning and implementation phases to fulfill strategic plan objectives.
Responsible for the development of annual leasehold improvement budgets for assigned locations within the leased portfolio.
Provides ongoing review and updating of construction standards, interior finish palates and workstation templates for incorporation into all leased office locations.
- Concurrently manages multiple projects in varied geographic locations and maintains strict control over project cost, schedule and quality
- Coordinates the efforts of third party architects, engineers, consultants, contractors and vendors including the execution of contract documents and all contract administration responsibilities
- Assist in the preparation and updating of design and construction specifications and standards for all leasehold improvement projects
- Provide ongoing review and updating of construction standards, interior finish palates and workstation templates, for incorporation into all leased office locations
- Provides professional guidance to real estate personnel, brokers and consultants during the site evaluation, selection and lease execution process
- Develops detailed project program requirements with A&RE and business unit leaders in accordance with corporate strategic plans
- Develops, implements and maintains project budgets and schedules
- Prepares space planning alternatives for prospective leased locations for review and approval by the business unit
- Manages the schematic design, design development and construction document preparation and approval process with third party architects, engineers and consultants
- Review construction documents for content, accuracy and adherence to guidelines
- Initiates the permit application process including the preparation of submittal documents as may be required by local authorities
- Coordinates the competitive bid process with multiple general contractors, material suppliers and vendors
- Contract award and execution with selected contractors and vendors
- Project management of the internal and external design and construction team during the procurement, shop drawing and submittal, construction and close-out phases
- Coordinates Facility Managers with regard to furniture ordering and installation as well as employee moves
- Manages project close-out activities including receipt of the Certificate of Occupancy, Final Lien Waivers, completion of all punch list items, final payments to contractors and vendors and submittal of TI reimbursement documentation to building landlords
- Accurate and timely project reporting including construction status, budgets and schedules
- Bachelor Degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Construction Management or Interior Design
- Minimum 7 years experience in all aspects of architecture, construction and project management
- Working knowledge of architectural, engineering and construction procedures, performance standards and current technologies
- Architectural registration (preferred)
- LEED AP accreditation (preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including Microsoft Project (preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to manage numerous project assignments simultaneously
- Proven track record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites an average of 2 days every other week
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.