Saint Paul, Minnesota
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
This role is responsible for ensuring overall operational excellence and superior service in support of the Information Management & Analytics business and Enterprise and Business Insurance IT strategies. Provides strategic oversight, ensuring a deep understanding, responsiveness and relationship management to the business and stakeholder needs. As a member of the Business Insurance IT senior leadership team, the incumbent will play an active role in strategic planning for the technology needs in alignment with Business Insurance and Travelers technology strategy and related priorities.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Will be responsible for all strategic, tactical, operational, financial, human, and technical resource managerial responsibilities associated with the following Business Intelligence Functional Areas:
- Data preparation (sourcing, acquisition, integration)
- Data warehousing
- Data governance
- Reporting, analytics, data exploration
- Information delivery
- Teradata and Big Data competency center
- Advanced / predictive analytics
- Leveraging existing enterprise data and information in company's products and services
- Enterprise / Corporate Performance Management
- Management and governance of strategies, goals, objectives, metrics, KPIs/KPMs
- (Governance, Risk, Compliance) aspects of BI and data management
A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience in a directly related area, during which both professional and management capabilities have been clearly demonstrated required. A minimum of 4 years of people management experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Ten or more years of progressively responsible experience in a directly related area, during which both professional and management capabilities have been clearly demonstrated preferred. Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred. Strategic leadership experience preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Experience and understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes
- Experience with agile software development
- Experience with business driven / self-service Business Intelligence
- Solid understanding of key Business Intelligence trends
- Solid understanding of leading edge technologies and best practices, (e.g., Hadoop and Big Data)
- Solid understanding of the Business Intelligence vendor landscape
General Business Skills:
- Extensive experience collaborating and engaging with senior leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proven ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develop and execute strategies, and track and measure results
- Experience managing large complex projects and teams
- Proven ability to manage complex vendor, supplier, relationships
- Experience in building and supporting BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE/analytics/big data business cases
- Proven ability to complete projects, achieve results and work effectively in an ambiguous work environment
- Proven strong leadership skills within the project team and in the business community
- Proven ability to build and motivate a team to achieve well communicated expectations
- Proven strong negotiating and consensus building abilities
Ten or more years of progressively responsible experience in a directly related area, during which both professional and management capabilities have been clearly demonstrated preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred.
- Strategic leadership experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE