Licensed Sales Specialist
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
As a Sales Specialist you will be licensed and trained to effectively sell insurance products. You will be on the front line of Allstate's sales process and critical to helping our Customer Contact Center in Charlotte, NC achieve its customer satisfaction and business performance goals. You will field a high volume of inbound calls from potential customers generated by Allstate's aggressive marketing campaigns. Your role will be to convert these leads into new Allstate policyholders, and your success will be generously rewarded. Enjoy the rewards of sales without the hassle of cold calling!
With great opportunities for advancement, becoming an Allstate Sales Specialist is just the beginning! To see what we do, click here!
Allstate is willing to invest in your success. After completing our fully paid, industry-leading training program, and passing the insurance licensing exam, you will be ready to sell insurance policies over the phone. With every new customer contact, you'll have the opportunity to make a positive impact on our business and also in your career.
Tentative Start Date: Friday, October 26th, 2018
Licensing Schedule: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday,- Friday. (first two weeks)
Training Schedule: 10:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m., Mon. Fri. (approx. 6 weeks)
Transition Schedule: Mon, Wed - Friday 3:30 p.m. / Sat. 11:00 a.m. - 8:30 p.m., / Sun and Tues. off (approx. 8 weeks)
Work Schedule: Mon, Wed - Friday 3:30 p.m. / Sat. 11:00 a.m. - 8:30 p.m., / Sun and Tues. off (Some Holidays are Required)
Compensation and other important information:
- Base Salary: $36,608 (includes $16/hr plus 10% differential for working second shift)
- Generous uncapped monthly bonuses (available after training, subject to individual performance and per bonus program guidelines)
- Top 25% of Sales Representatives in Charlotte earned average annual sales bonus $24,500 in 2017
- Bilinguals Receive an Additional 10% (Spanish Speaking who Pass Bilingual Assessment)
- Excellent benefits starting on your first day of employment, including 401K, health, dental, vision and life insurance.
- $1000 bonus paid after 6 months of employment if hired with an active General Lines Property & Casualty License (license bonus does not apply to Allstate re-hires)
It is Allstate's goal to support our customers how, when and where they want to be served. The Customer Contact Center will provide service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. As a result, it is critical that all our team members can commit to a flexible work schedule that includes some weekends and holidays. Most call center employees work one weekend day, typically a Saturday, as a part of their normal work week. We do our best to provide a balance between work and personal life, and we will provide advanced notice of any changes in your work hours.
Please note that, as a Sales Specialist, you will be required to handle phone inquiries for your entire shift and to be stationed at your desk for the majority of the day.
- High School Diploma/General Education Diploma (GED)
- One to two years of experience in a sales call center environment or equivalent sales experience is preferred. Insurance industry related experience is a definite plus OR a four-year degree if no sales experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of dependability, flexibility and stable work history
- Basic PC aptitude with Microsoft Word, Excel and the Internet
- Must be eligible to be P&C licensed in all 50 states
- Must be 18 years or older to receive your P&C license
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.