Licensed Customer Service Representative
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
In this role, as a Licensed Customer Service Representative, you will answer complex customer inquiries and/or resolve complex service concerns in order to support our customers. This is a licensed representative and is responsible for initiating and successfully closing cross sales opportunities and supporting marketing campaigns. Contacts are made through inbound and outbound calls in a way that enables the call center to meet its customer satisfaction and business performance goals. There will be extended periods of sitting while multitasking including use of various computer programs while interacting with the customer on the phone. Non-standard hours based on call volume
- Tentative Start Date: Friday, October 26th at 8AM
- Licensing Schedule (Initial 2 Weeks): Monday - Friday 8:00 AM-4:30 PM
- Training Schedule (8 Weeks): Monday - Friday 10:00AM - 6:30PM.
- Transition Schedule / Permanent Work Schedule: Monday, Wednesday - Friday 3:30PM - 12:00AM, Saturday 11:00AM - 8:30PM / OFF Sunday and Tuesday.
Compensation and other important information:
- Salary: $35,360 annually (paid bi-weekly) plus an additional 10% for 2nd shift differential (if applicable)
- Excellent benefits starting on your first day of employment, including 401K, health, dental, vision and life insurance.
- $1000 bonus paid after 6 months of employment if hired with an active General Lines Property & Casualty License (license bonus does not apply to Allstate re-hires)
- $500 language bonus paid after 6 months of employment to new hires that pass the Spanish Language assessment.
The Licensed Customer Service Representative will be responsible for:
- Providing an exceptional experience to customers in order to meet performance goals.
- Resolving complex questions/issues and referring other inquiries to appropriate areas as needed. Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of specific company products in order to portray confidence and credibility to customers.
- Proactively identify and act on cross-selling opportunities in order to increase household penetration and improve customer retention, applying effective selling and influencing techniques.
- Providing quotes for both auto and property premiums and bind policies.
- Prospecting for new business during routine customer calls.
It is Allstate's goal to support our customers how, when and where they want to be served. The Customer Contact Center will provide service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. As a result, it is critical that all our team members can commit to a flexible work schedule that includes some weekends and holidays. Most call center employees work one weekend day, typically a Saturday, as a part of their normal work week. We do our best to provide a balance between work and personal life, and we will provide advanced notice of any changes in your work hours.
- This Position requires General Lines Property and Casualty (P&C) licensing/Allstate appointment. Resident and non-resident licenses are required as is FBI fingerprinting (a State of North Carolina requirement).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced - Basic PC aptitude with Word, Excel and the Internet
- Advanced Flexibility
- Advanced - Team-oriented
- Advanced - Adaptability
- A minimum of one year of customer service experience (sales call center or insurance industry experience a plus)
- Bachelors degree preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.