Safety Professional - Field
AMERISAFE is seeking a detail-oriented, productivity driven professional to add to our “Excellence Team” based in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. If you love working with people, want to work for an award-winning company who is known throughout the insurance industry for its high ethics and integrity, and if you want to be a member of a winning team, then the FIELD SAFETY PROFESSIONAL is for you.
AMERISAFE is an A rated Workers' Compensation insurance carrier specializing in high-hazard industries such as Construction, Agriculture, Logging, Trucking, and Manufacturing. AMERISAFE offers a competitive entry level targeted salary and full benefits package and much more. AMERISAFE has been named to Ward’s 50 since 2009. We have many tenured employees across 27 state territory. In short, employees stay with us because of who we are and what we do –exceptional people providing workers’ comp for working people. If you’re looking for a career, and not just a job, then AMERISAFE is for you.
AMERISAFE does not consider a person’s race, sex, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identification, disability, medical or genetic information, pregnancy, military status, age or any other factor prohibited by law in making hiring, promotion, training, assignment, compensation, discipline, benefits, employment and termination decisions.
The Field Safety Professional (FSP) is responsible for conducting Loss Control Surveys of prospective and insured clients for our Underwriters.
The successful individual in this key role with be responsible for:
- Assessing the insurability of the client and providing a detailed report of their work environment.
- Assessing the current safety program in use by the client and determining if it is appropriate for the risk based on factors such as the potential for catastrophic loss, size and loss history.
- Observing the client’s work site(s) to determine the existence and proper use of appropriate controls for the exposures of the type of business. If deficiencies or exposures exist which pose a potential for worker injuries, the FSP will write detailed descriptions of the deficiencies and recommend solutions to improve the client’s safety environment.
- Selecting appropriate safety information, if it exists, to be provided to clients to assist them with recommendation compliance and/or proactive safety planning, training and education of their employees. Assisting policyholders by conducting safety training for their employees as needed.
- Scheduling work according to the specified priority system and requested due dates of survey assignments.
- Travel, as required, via personal vehicle to client’s place of business and be prepared to spend as much as three (3) nights per week, on average, away from home. In some cases, up to two weeks from home territory might be required to assist other FSPs with heavier workloads.
- Accurate and efficient data entry and computer entry into proprietary systems.
The successful candidate in this role will be able to demonstrate the following:
A four year college degree in Occupational Safety, recognized certification in the safety field and/or verifiable safety management experience is desired.
An excellent knowledge of safety regulations and recognized safe work practices is required.
Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
Able to access remote job locations, climb ladders to inspect elevated work sites, and traverse difficult terrain is required.
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Must have personal transportation means to travel to all assigned customer work sites.
World class customer experience attitude
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and basic computer proficiency
- Commitment to the mission and success of AMERISAFE