UFG offers you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy, financially stable company. While weve always known our commitment to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have others recognize our dedicated efforts. We've been named an Iowa Top Workplace by the Des Moines Register for four consecutive years, and included on Forbes Americas Most Trustworthy Financial Companies every year since 2014. Additionally, UFG is a super-regional property and casualty insurer rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.
UFG is seeking three claims interns for summer 2019. The claims interns will be responsible to learn all aspects of the telephone claims representative job. Learn to investigate and evaluate assigned property or casualty claims to determine liability, damages and settlement/negotiation techniques. This internship is a paid position which will require 40 hours per week. The schedule is from 8:00AM 4:30PM Monday - Friday during the summer months of 2019.Responsibilities
- Learn the claims assignment routine
- Work with the telephone claims unit to follow claim processing routine
- Current undergraduate student working towards degree in Business or related field
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and the ability to meet deadlines is essential
- Highly organized with acute attention to detail