Auto Liability Claims Service Specialist
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for an Auto Liability Claims Service Specialist in Irving, Texas!
About the Team
The Claims Department is here to restore peoples lives after the unexpected has happened. We work to deliver compassionate service that is fast, fair and easy. Putting our customers first to resolve their claim and taking the stress out of the situation is our goal. This is your chance to help make a meaningful difference in peoples lives. Join the thousands of people who work in the claims industry in highly stimulating work that will require you to assimilate data, evaluate facts and negotiate solutions to complex problems. Every day presents different learning and growth opportunities. You will gain a broad range of professional skills that will be equally applicable and highly valuable no matter where your career takes you.
About the Position
Our customers need us the most when they file a claim. As an Allstate Auto Liability Claims Service Specialist, you will play a vital role to ensure we deliver on our promise to help restore peoples lives after theyve experienced a loss. Each day you will be responsible for managing a steady volume of new liability claims. Process moderately complex claim activities related to non-technical claims in accordance with established quality, productivity and process standards on specific losses as directed by management or claim adjuster. Most importantly, you will work with our customers to guide them through the claims process in a caring and professional manner. You will handle every step from managing incoming calls and data entry, to filing reports and mail support. Your success will be rewarded with our Total Rewards package which includes base pay, benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
- Performs clerical duties, including data entry, filing paper documents, email, calendar management, and word processing
- Handles auto liability claim files (locates/requests files, files paperwork, reconstructs missing files, moves misfiled documents, sends to other offices, etc.)
- Retrieves, prints, faxes, or mails supporting documentation to vendors or others as directed
- Provides back-up for any support functions in the office
- Investigate prior losses and other information on file and orders reports as needed at the direction of adjusters and management
- Receives, screens and routes incoming telephone calls and other electronic correspondence
- Contacts or receives contact from customers or other claim related third parties to obtain and/or provide necessary file information to comply with quality and process standards
- Generates and sends appropriate forms to insured/claimant for completion
- Processes claims payments
- Completes all necessary forms, logs documents into the system, and routes them to the appropriate parties
- Assists adjusters with more complex claim handling, analyze documentation and settle basic, straight-forward, and routine claims quickly and efficiently
Compensation and other important information:
- Starting salary: Paid bi-weekly
- Excellent benefits starting on your first day of employment, including 401K, health, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Work schedule
- High School Diploma or equivalent with previous experience in either customer service and/or a professional work environment
- Good organization skills with timely follow-up skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Excel and Word
- Performs routine tasks of basic complexity under general supervision
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Prior Military are encouraged to apply
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment