PMO Lead Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Encompass Insurance is one of the largest personal property and casualty insurance brands sold exclusively through a network of more than 3,000 independent agents in most states. With a legacy that dates back to 1897, Encompass employees and agents are committed to delivering a superior insurance experience for our customers. Encompass is a solely owned subsidiary of The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL), the nations largest publicly held personal lines insurer.
Encompass is growth focused, looking to expand its presence throughout the country. We are seeking enthusiastic, creative, results-oriented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment. Encompass offers an exceptional career experience for our employees, with impactful work and exciting opportunities to make a difference. Join Encompass and youll be part of an exciting future.
The PMO Operations team is responsible for leading the 3-year planning process, Go To Market Strategy and Execution within Encompass, Operational Reporting, Expense Planning and developing and implementing Encompass projects, processes and programs related to Independent Agent compensation, technology, policies/ procedures and/ or compliance.
The PMO Lead Consultant will lead, manage and coordinate the Encompass Go-to-Market Strategy and Execution, coordinate the three-year planning process and execution, and lead moderate to high complexity projects to include, planning, development, implementation and measurement of Encompass processes, programs and projects. This person will be the subject matter expert for things like Go-to-Market, 3-year planning process and the projects they will be leading This is an individual contributor role with the potential to lead people.
Lead the Encompass PMO function across all Encompass departments, to include:
Program Management Support Go-To-Market and 3 Year Planning
- Contributes to market share growth and profitability by leading the Go-to-Market program across Encompass
- Leads the coordination and execution of meetings, creation of presentations to share information and/or gain alignment, tracks and reports out on status
- Leads the development/design of new plans, programs & processes of moderate to high complexity
- Develops communication strategies and materials to support new plans, programs & processes
- Establishes and evaluates procedures and processes regularly and determines/ recommends alternatives or improvements
- Meet regularly with key stakeholders, Product Owners and Senior Leaders to provide transparency of the Encompass portfolio across all Encompass AORs as it relates to Go-to-Market, monthly portfolio updates and 3-year planning process.
Key Responsibilities (Cont'd)
- Leads, plans, implements, manages, and/ or sponsors projects that are moderate to high complexity and/or large-scale key initiatives using accepted project management standards
- Forecasts short-term and long-term deliverables cross functionally
- Communicates and presents project information to project team
- Coordinates/ evaluates project controls by all impacted AORs
- Assists in determining where additional resources/ expertise may be necessary to successfully complete projects/ assignments from various AORs
- Ensures project controls are in place throughout the project life cycle of the project
- Coordinates/evaluates project controls by all impacted AORs
- Assists in determining where additional resources/expertise maybe necessary to successfully complete projects/assignments from various AORs
- Actively builds strong relationships among teams and team members to ensure cooperation on project
- Evaluates current results, identifies variances to planned performance, analyzes causes of variance and recommends action through tracking expense plan performance
- Analyzes statistical data as it relates to programs, projects and processes of moderate complexity; provides action alternatives for improvement as appropriate
- Coordinates/ evaluates projects controls by all impacted AORs
Program & Process Communication PMO
- Creates, manages, facilitates, monitors and measures all internal and external communication regarding Go-to-Market and 3-year planning processes
- Bachelors degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with managing projects
- Experience leading or working within a PMO preferred
- Advanced MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word skills
- Ability to create executive level presentations and facilitate to a variety of groups and levels
- Able to work in an agile, iterative environment developing creative solutions & insightful analysis
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills applied to business problems.
- Capable of handling complex problems independently on a daily basis.
- Strong interpersonal collaboration and team skills including working with cross-functional teams to
- achieve shared goals.
- Ability to synthesize technical and business concepts & communicate in a clear & structured manner.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment