Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$77,000.00 - $127,100.00
What Is the Opportunity?The Bond & Specialty Insurance Finance Department is looking for a self-motivated Assoc Data Engineer to provide support for our Financial Data Management group.
Travelers Data Engineering team constructs pipelines that contextualize and provide easy access to data by the entire enterprise. As an Associate Data Engineer you will aid in growing and transforming our analytics landscape. You will leverage your ability to rapidly grasp and design new technologies, as well as your creativity and curiosity to capture, explore and transform data to support Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and business intelligence/insights. This also includes supporting business and financial applications, as well as downstream system feeds and external reporting. This position requires working closely with IT teams in an Agile environment as well as with various business partners. This individual will be expected to become an expert in transactional financial data for Bond & Specialty Insurance front-end systems, financial applications, and system feeds.
What Will You Do?
- Build rudimentary data solutions, correct problems, apply transformations, and recommend data cleansing/quality solutions.
- Assist in the operationalization and automation of data products.
- Analyze common sources to determine value and recommend data to include in analytical processes.
- Interact and collaborate with team and business users to support delivery and educate end users on data products/analytic environment.
- Perform data and systems analysis, assessment and resolution for defects and incidents.
- Test data movement, transformation code and data components.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM related field or equivalent
- Two years of related experience
- Developing knowledge of tools, techniques, and manipulation including Cloud platforms, programming languages, and software engineering practices.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training with data tools, techniques, and manipulation.
- One year of data engineering or equivalent experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.