Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$88,300.00 - $145,700.00
What Is the Opportunity?Travelers is seeking an experienced Cloud Engineer who will be responsible for execution and technical implementation of our Cloud Services. Successful candidate must have hands-on design and implementation experience around the major dependencies of Public Cloud solutions. This candidate should be forward-thinking and have excellent engineering skills coupled with the ability to communicate effectively. Must be able to develop and/or implement complex technology solutions and ensure the operation, monitoring, maintenance, and improvement of critical Cloud systems and services that support our customers.
Under general supervision, demonstrates a thorough understanding of the activities performed related to engineering support, installation and/or operations of infrastructure technologies. Plans at an operational level designing and developing technology solutions interfacing with appropriate customers, management and technical resources. Facilitates and/or participates in the design, development, and implementation of large complex technology solutions supporting one or more business and/or technology areas. Develops and implements appropriate solutions that may involve multiple platforms, databases, software/hardware technologies and tools. Strong ability to multi-task in an environment of changing priorities. This job is a team lead.
This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Adopt and communicate new concepts, ideas, techniques, best practices and technology assistance.
- Leverage defined roadmap, reference architecture and standards to deliver Cloud Solutions to the Enterprise
- Support hands on experience with AWS design, configuration, provisioning, and monitoring
- Design, develop, configure, deploy, monitor and maintain components across our Cloud service platforms
- Plan and coordinate platform upgrades through change management
- Drive troubleshooting efforts and resolve technical issues in both test and production environments
- Provide incident response support
- Test our system integrity and new developments related to infrastructure
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes
- Support a range of automation and configuration management tools
- Leverage DevOps expertise to develop pipelines leveraging CI/CD and source control tools (Jenkins, GitHub)
- Deliver consulting and design support to customers across multiple infrastructure technology services
- Participate in writing detailed solution specifications, diagrams, best practices, operating procedures, test plans and reports
- Ensure repeatable processes are followed to manage and support change across environments
- Leverage scripting skills and knowledge (PowerShell, Python, Go, Terraform etc.)
- Participate in Agile (Scrum) methodologies for workload management
- Lead development efforts specific to building and enhancing automation that support our services
- Utilize critical thinking skills to analyze challenges and organize the team around a solution
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience, required.
- Three years of experience in Technology required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Five years of experience in Technology preferred.
- Experience providing technical direction to project teams preferred.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure technologies such as Network, Database, Server, Storage etc. preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Advanced knowledge of one or more of the following technical skills:
- Foundational IT Infrastructure
- Operating Systems
- Knowledge of process discipline and IDLC methodology
- AWS Certification preferred
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Operates standard office equipment (Frequency)
- Sitting (can stand at will) (Frequency)
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.