Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$59,600.00 - $98,300.00
What Is the Opportunity?Provide underwriting with the account knowledge required to effectively understand and evaluate the applicant or customers' business. Account knowledge includes understanding and evaluating facts about the account and the associated qualitative assessment, which through collaboration with the underwriter will differentiate the account from others within similar classes of business.
What Will You Do?
- Prepare, conduct, and complete technically detailed risk assessment evaluations of client locations to determine potential hazards and risk factors and to be considered in underwriting/risk selection.
- Complete risk assessments for lower complexity accounts such as retail, habitational, offices, schools and healthcare (excluding hospitals) to differentiate the account by providing necessary information to the underwriter.
- Identifying uncontrolled hazards and making appropriate recommendations to the applicant or insured.
- Consult with clients on ways to control hazards to help them reduce, mitigate, or prevent losses.
- Understand and demonstrate loss trends and how to apply appropriate risk control products or services that align to the recommendations made to the applicant or insured.
- Collaborate with underwriting, Claim, Clients, BI Business Partners and other Risk Control staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Two years of relevant experience
- Technical aptitude, detail oriented
- Superior communication skills- written, verbal and listening
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with others
- Experience working in a collaborative environment
- Critical thinking skills
- Proven work ethic
- Influencing skills
What is a Must Have?
- One year experience in safety, risk control, or related fields including but not limited to construction, manufacturing or relevant military experience or bachelor's degree in related field required
- Valid drivers license required
- Must be able to attain appropriate certification to meet state specific requirements where applicable
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.