Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$70,700.00 - $116,700.00
What Is the Opportunity?Provide the Underwriter with account knowledge as it relates to hazards, controls, and management. They will need to evaluate how the company identifies and manages their inherent risk factors. Additionally they are expected to differentiate the account from others in similar classes of business. This role reports to the Risk Control Field Director or Managing Risk Control Consultant.
What Will You Do?
- Partner and have joint ownership with Underwriting to select, retain, and grow a profitable book of business.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with Underwriting, Claim, Risk Control Specialists, and Broker to service customers as a unified team.
- Complete risk assessment evaluations for moderately complex accounts: small manufacturers such as food processors and metal goods producers, restaurants, educational institutions, medium-sized distributors, auto dealers, and moderately sized fleets.
- Write technically detailed reports that communicate a clear assessment of risk and effectively articulated recommendations.
- Discover and evaluate customer needs through loss analysis and customer readiness in order to provide Risk Control products and services which can help control losses.
- Stay current with technical subject matters, regulatory environment, and emerging issues.
- Create a valued customer experience through each assessment and service encounter.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Insurance industry acumen.
- Graduate degree in related field.
- Technical aptitude, detail oriented.
- Superior communication skills-written, verbal and listening.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with a client.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Proven work ethic.
- Influencing skills.
- Recognized relevant certifications (such as ASP, CSP, ARM).
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree in environmental health and safety, construction management, basic sciences and related technical fields required.
- 3 years of experience in safety, risk control, or related fields such as construction, manufacturing, or military required.
- Must have or be able to attain appropriate certification to meet specific state requirements where applicable.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.