Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$33,000.00 - $54,400.00
What Is the Opportunity?*This position offers a sizeable shift differential for specific shifts.
InsuraMatch is an independent agency company, owned by Travelers Insurance, that uses an innovative online platform to help consumers compare offerings from more than 40 carriers across the United States. With a focus on personal insurance, InsuraMatch offers coverage for auto, home, boat, motorcycle, renters, umbrella, and flood, among others. InsuraMatch operates independently and manages all carrier partnerships.
As an Insurance Advisor Trainee, you will assume the role of a personal insurance counselor and educator and will help customers choose their ideal insurance carrier and coverages. We believe in a high touch, consultative approach that builds long lasting relationships with our customers and we are looking for sales professionals that can foster this type of relationship. Insurance Advisor Trainees will gain an understanding of our carriers and products through our comprehensive training program. As part of the hiring process, this position requires the completion of an online pre-employment assessment. Further information regarding the assessment including an accommodation process, if needed, will be provided at such time as your candidacy is deemed appropriate for further consideration. This job works under direct supervision and does not manage others.
M-F; Rotating Sats 10:45AM -7:15PM
What Will You Do?
- Learns to solicit all information necessary to produce quotes and close sales.
- Learns to represent InsuraMatch in a positive manner while building customer rapport.
- Develops basic telemarketing, sales and system skills, and builds product knowledge.
- Receives and implements constructive feedback in the form of professional coaching.
- Learns to demonstrate strong active listening skills to identify customer problems or objections.
- Learns to handle objections professionally while clearly articulating relevant product and corporate features, benefits, and value to the customer.
- Upon completion of training, this role will:
- Receive inbound calls in order to quote and bind personal lines insurance products offered by our panel of national and regional insurers.
- Provide prospects with a consultative sales experience with an emphasis on counseling and educating customers.
- Provide an exceptional sales experience to prospects in order to meet sales targets and performance goals.
- Prepare personalized personal lines insurance quotes to prospects and use assumptive closing techniques to close sales.
- Manufacture new sales through proactive outreach, account rounding, and customer referrals. Work 'at risk' policies with an eye toward increasing agency level retention.
- Actively cultivate high value customers and prospects through drip communication efforts (outbound 'check-in' calls, renewal reviews, periodic re-shopping to secure better pricing, email, and text communications).
- Maintain product knowledge for all lines of business and products written.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university is a plus.
- Must obtain a NJ Property and Casualty Insurance producer license within first 4 weeks of employment date. (You will receive fully paid training and sponsorship for your insurance license).
- Maintain continuing education requirements for the Property & Casualty license obtained.
- Prior call center and sales experience preferred.
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
What is a Must Have?
- High school diploma or GED required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.