Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$101,000.00 - $166,700.00
What Is the Opportunity?As a member of the Travelers Forensic Oil and Gas team, you will work with the Claim Department to investigate a wide variety of large losses, provide internal consulting to Property, Liability, and Subrogation Claims professionals, conduct on-site investigations and analyze failures and accidents involving all types of drilling operations, completion operations, flowback operations, production operations and all related facilities.
What Will You Do?
- Serve as a subject matter expert in one or more of the following areas: Petroleum engineering, origin and cause investigations, failure analysis, mechanical and material systems and components, warnings and instructions, product liability, code evaluation, tool mark analysis, and/or other forensic science or engineering subjects.
- Responsible for mentoring Forensic Specialist I and Forensic Technicians with regards to the proper elements of a forensic investigation including proper documentation, rules of evidence, scene and lab safety, as well as the various procedures and policies existing within the Travelers.
- Travel to loss scenes to assist the investigative team, including Claim partners, defense attorneys and outside experts, and ensure that the various aspects of the investigation including evidence collection and preservation, witness interviews, analysis of the scene are conducted in accordance with good forensic practice.
- Provide technical advice and consultation to attorneys and claims staff associated with the loss.
- Conduct research and testing, prepare reports (verbal and written), and to aid the claims, legal staff and other forensic investigators with the scientific aspects of the case.
- Will be required to become familiar with applicable codes and industry standards as well as laboratory testing protocols that may be required during an investigation.
- Provide testimony in legal proceedings including depositions, trial, mediations and arbitration.
- Prepare materials and data as needed to support the overall functions of Risk Control, Claims Services, and Underwriting. Such materials may include newsletters, reports, or presentations and trainings as needed to best fit the intended audience and subject matter.
- Maintain their knowledge and skills in their particular area of expertise by attending conferences, reviewing scientific journals and participating in specific industry standards organizations such as API, SPE, NFPA, ASME, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Strong background with upstream Oil and Gas operations experience including a strong aptitude in petroleum engineering. Other areas of expertise may include mechanical, electrical and chemical/materials with the desire to continuously expand base of knowledge.
- Detail oriented
- Superior communication skills written, verbal and listening
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with a client
- Experience working in a collaborative environment
- Critical thinking skills
- Proven work ethic
- Influencing skills
What is a Must Have?
- BS in Petroleum engineering and five years of work experience in the field of study required.
- Three years of experience as a Forensic Specialist I or demonstrated equivalent experience with forensic investigations from an organization other than Travelers required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Valid driver's license required
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.