Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$35,800.00 - $59,000.00
What Is the Opportunity?The Agency Bill Account Resolution Analyst reports to the Billing Operations Manager or Director, and under general supervision is responsible for managing past due guaranteed cost receivables to maximize cash flow. Responsibilities include collecting and resolving overdue receivables and disputed premium and documenting the collection activity. Utilize decision making and resource navigation skills to manage complex cases and assignments with limited direction to determine best outcome based on business guidelines and authority level. Leveraging partnerships with internal/external resources and providing appropriate feedback as necessary. Independently performs a variety of duties, including servicing customer inquiries, escalation resolution, account research and analysis, while supporting business partners and vendors throughout the billing lifecycle. Exhibits strong prioritization and organizational skills. Individuals are expected to meet performance goals and quality standards to ensure business objectives are achieved.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
What Will You Do?
- Responsible for up to 250 agencies with total annual billed and collected premium of up to 5 million in overdue premiums.
- Negotiating settlements within company guidelines and authority levels.
- Pursue collection of all overdue premiums for the assigned agencies / assignment.
- Review accounts, validate overdue premium and contact agents, underwriting, and audit to resolve and collect the payments.
- Research and analyze all aspects of disputed accounts.
- Ensure accurate application of payments collected, research and resolve discrepancies.
- Manage delinquent accounts for assigned agents, keep all appropriate parties informed of payment status and changes to situations.
- Resolve aged statement of balance suspense premiums.
- Monitor agencies for collection problems and refer chronic collection problems to management.
- Recommend uncollectible premium for write off. Completes the referral to RMS for collection pursuit when necessary.
- Escalate collection using the appropriate collection tools and referral process. Follows company guidelines and practices in collection processes. Negotiates settlements within company guidelines and authority limits.
- Provides coaching and development acting as a strong mentor to Account Service Reps.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or 2 years of business experience preferred.
- Solid keyboard and PC skills. Proficient use of technology; including, Microsoft Word, Excel, email, Web-enabled applications, and database software.
- Demonstrated experience in collection / resolution of insurance receivables.
- Skilled in negotiating and reaching consensus.
- Strong Accounting skills.
- Excellent research skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to solve problems with different approaches.
- Business Knowledge:
- Thorough knowledge of insurance businesses and products.
- Thorough knowledge of collection processes and strategies.
- Strong knowledge of agency bill procedures, premium audit procedures and processes.
- Strong knowledge of business systems related to billing/collections/RMIS, etc.
- Strong understanding of related business functions (e.g., underwriting, claims, litigation, policy services, etc.).
- Customer Focus:
- Identifies collection needs and takes appropriate action to meet those needs.
- Acts with a sense of urgency and ownership.
- Demonstrates a commitment to superior service.
- Develops and maintains on-going relationships with marketing, customers, brokers, premium audit, and attorneys.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Listens to and understands what others are saying.
- Interacts effectively and appropriately with different audiences in difficult situations.
- Represents the company in a positive and professional manner.
- Displays optimistic demeanor.
- Self Management:
- Manages own work.
- Is flexible - adjusts to new situations and changing priorities.
- Takes responsibility for own performance and development. Takes responsibility for decisions and actions.
- Displays commitment to quality and adherence to procedures.
- Decision Making/Problem Solving:
- Evaluates information needs and makes the right choice of approach in meeting those needs.
- Is resourceful in gaining input to solve problems.
- Develops new methods or approaches to getting the work done. Able to recognize opportunities to achieve the best results; takes advantage of all important opportunities and takes intelligent risks.
- Works independently and in a team environment. Involves others with expertise in decisions when appropriate, brainstorming to assess all possible avenues of resolution.
- Builds and maintains successful relationships within the company and with external contacts.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively settle complex sensitive customer issues.
- Utilizes a win-win style to negotiate and resolve disputes.
What is a Must Have?
- High School Diploma or GED required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.