Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$82,300.00 - $135,800.00
What Is the Opportunity?Travelers Data Engineering team constructs pipelines that contextualize and provide easy access to data by the entire enterprise. As a Senior Associate Data Engineer you will help guide growth and transformation of our analytics landscape. You will leverage your ability to design, build and deploy data solutions that capture, explore, transform, and utilize data to support Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and business intelligence/insights.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Build and operationalize data solutions, correct problems, apply transformations, and recommend data cleansing/quality solutions.
- Participate in the design of data solutions.
- Analyze sources to determine value and recommend data to include in analytical processes.
- Incorporate core data management competencies including data governance, data security and data quality.
- Partner and collaborate with team and business users to support delivery and educate end users on data products/analytic environment.
- Perform data and system analysis, assessment and resolution for defects and incidents of moderate complexity and correct as appropriate.
- Test data movement, transformation code, and data components.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training with data tools, techniques, and manipulation.
- Two years of data engineering or equivalent experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM related field or equivalent
- Five years of related experience
- Developing knowledge of tools, techniques, and manipulation including Cloud platforms, programming languages and software engineering practices.
- Required experience includes: SQL, SSIS, Github, AutoSys and Jenkins
- Desired experience includes: .Net, SSRS, Snowflake and/or UCD/PCF/OCF
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.