Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$88,400.00 - $145,900.00
What Is the Opportunity?The Manager of Information Delivery works with teams both inside and outside of Claim Finance to develop Business Intelligence solutions designed to help answer questions regarding multiple aspects of financial transactions within the Claim organization. This position works within a project team to deliver creative and innovative deliverables ranging from data discovery to Business Intelligence application development. Candidates will have strong technical skills and basic understanding of insurance operations and core functions.
This is an individual contributor position and will not have direct reports.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in the development of the strategic plan for Information Delivery including identification appropriate infrastructures, tools and performance requirements.
- Develops an understanding of all data contained within multiple data marts and source systems.
- Manages monthly delivery process and support for Information Delivery assets.
- Leads prototyping and validates prototypes before production build.
- Assists in the development of guidelines and recommends best practices to mitigate defects and ensure data quality.
- Oversees the translation of business requirements into technical requirements for enhancements and info delivery solutions.
- Performs analysis of complex and unfamiliar data sources to determine usability and value. Determines and recommends data to include in info delivery projects.
- Utilizes a rapid prototyping methodology to perform moderate ad-hoc analysis to find solutions to business inquiries.
- Operationalizes and automates moderately complex data products independently.
- Independently develops and enhances analytic reports, scorecards and dashboards. Provides support for implementation.
- Applies data derivations and business transformation rules based on data requirements.
- Provides recommendations of key performance indicators.
- Presents and translates complex information in relevant business terms.
- Works within Travelers standards, processes, and protocols.
- Understands and applies core data management competencies (e.g. data governance, data security, data quality).
- Develops and owns project timelines and plans for assigned projects.
- Provides guidance to less experienced peers.
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Mathematics, Economics, Finance or other quantitative degrees.
- 4 years of relevant data and analytics experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Knowledge of data and visualization tools (examples below, but not limited to): QlikView, QlikSense, MicroStrategy, Power BI, Tableau, D3 Visualizations
- MS Office Suite with advanced knowledge of Excel
- Experience with SQL
- General business experience.
- Experience working with MS Office Suite with advanced knowledge of Excel
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Ability to communicate thoughts/designs/ideas in an unambiguous manner and adjusts communication based on audience.
- Exhibits active and effective communication skills with team members, including active listening and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effectively contributes and communicates with the immediate team and business partners.
Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Able to recognize, analyze, and diagnose business and data issues of advanced complexity.
- Able to creatively evaluate alternative solutions.
- Demonstrates the ability to make routine decisions independently and escalates when necessary.
- Provides recommendations on resource optimization.
- Builds and fosters relationships with the team, business and technical partners to achieve objectives.
- Practices objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Coordinate with other areas to achieve project/department or division goals.
- Able to recognize and support team priorities.
- Exhibits team leadership and collaborates with partners.
- Provides feedback and/or coaching.
- May collaborate across the Enterprise and participate in pipeline talent programs.
- Builds consensus among the team.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.