Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$116,000.00 - $191,400.00
What Is the Opportunity?Bond & Specialty Insurance (BSI) provides management and professional liability, cyber, crime insurance and surety bonds to or on behalf of businesses of all sizes. BSI Claim is seeking a Senior Director, Circle Lead / Team of Teams Lead to drive the execution of business strategies in an agile fashion. This BSI Claim Product Management team partners with BSI Claim staff and management as well as IT specialists in BSI and throughout the Enterprise to ensure that the business is well-positioned to achieve its strategic objectives through the leveraging appropriate technology solutions. In this position, you will have the opportunity to help shape the strategy to meet business needs and be responsible for implementing the strategy and portfolio of deliverables and capabilities through the Claim Circle agile product teams. You will apply business acumen and leadership in partnership with technology counterparts to enable teams to achieve their goals, and drive end-user value while delivering results in service to business strategy.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility. #LI-Hybrid
What Will You Do?
- Lead, define, communicate and champion the work of a small number of agile teams (i. e. Team of Teams) working toward common business outcomes generally within a specific business segment.
- At this level, you generally lead:
- Less than 8 teams (less than 100 total people)
- multiple business units or product lines/assets that may cross Circles, Value Streams and/or organizations
- products with interdependencies with other systems/products
- less established applications
- Work with most senior levels of the organization
- systems may be used across the entire enterprise
- Partner with Technology Circle Lead to implement multi-team vision and strategy, ensuring alignment to overall value stream outcomes, including the business architecture and roadmap for achieving the strategy, vision and business outcomes; articulate the Circle / Team of Teams vision and strategy effectively to teams and stakeholders.
- Effectively drive, manage, implement and track one or more portfolios of deliverables and capabilities as well as 'test and learn'/experimentation targeted at defining/refining future deliverables, measuring performance and adjusting the overall roadmap of deliverables as needed.
- Prioritize interdependent team backlogs addressing risks and dependencies within and outside the Circle to defined outcomes and ensuring overall alignment with business strategy; Make trade-off decisions to balance quality, cost, and timelines to maximize value.
- Identify innovative solutions both internally and in the external marketplace; ensure competitive and industry benchmarking of critical capabilities.
- Oversee and make data driven decisions related to funding and resource allocation, and prioritization of work in alignment with circle and value stream objectives.
- Lead positive team dynamics, encourage collaboration and drive appropriate levels of self-organization; Assess, utilize, and partner with external resources and partners to meet agreed upon expectations, as needed.
- Manage multi-team dynamics; remove impediments to teams' success and assist in conflict resolution, issue and dependency management.
- Build and foster collaborative relationships across other Circles and with key partners.
- Share best practices with peers across the value stream to ensure alignment and consistency in ways of working.
- Help grow agile maturity within and across teams.
- People-management responsibilities for team members and may manage other Circle Leads as well.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Six years of experience in an agile/execution leadership role delivering business solutions on a demanding schedule preferred.
- Four years of people leadership/ management experience preferred.
- Strong business acumen and a deep strategic mindset preferred.
- Proven analytical skills and experience making decisions based on hard and soft data preferred.
- Knowledge of the Line of Business preferred with the ability to develop and leverage business and/or vendor partnerships, consult on business priorities, and optimize value through solution identification aligned with business objectives preferred.
- Agile Mindset: Embody Agile core values of openness, courage, respect, focus, and commitment. Infuse Agile principles, practices and methodologies to achieve team success.
- Product Mindset: Focus on defining a product value proposition that aligns with and supports the circle/value stream objectives and which is the north star for the Circle.
- Change Agent: Expert change leadership skills including the ability to create an inclusive environment, manage conflict and develop solutions to mitigate risk.
- Influence: Ability to influence behaviors of leaders at all levels and without traditional hierarchy.
- Servant Leadership: Foster an environment where individuals thrive as empowered and equal members of a team.
- Communication: Ability to communicate thoughts, concepts, practices effectively at all levels, adjusting as needed to a target audience.
- Collaboration: Expertise working with others in a cross-functional multi-team environment.
- Continuous Improvement: Demonstrate a commitment to continually improve, share learning with others and encourage team development.
What is a Must Have?
- Six years of relevant business experience required.
- Three years of people leadership/ management experience required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.