Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$70,100.00 - $115,600.00
What Is the Opportunity?The Workforce Management team drives solutions and strategies that maximize efficiency and maintain employee and customer satisfaction. As the Sr. Consultant, Workforce Management, you will partner closely with the Business Insurance Operations Management Team by forecasting, scheduling, planning, and making recommendations for improvements. You will leverage your subject matter expertise in metrics, reporting and data analysis to determine the best use of time, people, and systems to meet the business needs of today and tomorrow.
This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices.
What Will You Do?
- Construct new and maintain existing long-term models, short-term forecasts, and ad hoc modeling to inform staffing, budgeting, workload distribution, strategic and tactical leadership decisions, and support achievement of service objectives.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for the Workforce Management discipline and related technologies, while acting as a trusted advisor in support of a highly dynamic, complex environment with various types and levels of staffing.
- Provide recommendations to leadership and influence outcomes that will support our long-term capacity and workload budgeting plans.
- Understand processes and aggregate, manipulate, and analyze data to produce accurate, insightful, and contextual reports to leadership that convey trends to inform business decisions.
- Participate in operational and Workforce technology testing, validate updates/changes, and troubleshoot system/user issues and recommend enhancements.
- Seek opportunities to improve and develop processes, procedures, and projects including maintaining Best Practice documentation and communicating changes to appropriate audiences.
- Monitor systems, coordinate key activities and projects, identify and address unexpected workload or staffing variations, and proactively report trends to assist management in dealing with real time adherence.
- Support a wide variety of tasks and requests from end users and stakeholders including schedule change/move requests, staff movement, and WFM software administration.
- Lead training of new WFM staff and educate end users and stakeholders on products, services, and Workforce Management principles, while influencing the adoption of approaches to managing staffing/capacity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Strong working knowledge of contact or claim center operations and Property & Casualty insurance products and systems.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to manage data and leverage business statistics to improve accuracy.
- Experience with Aspect or other WFM Software, IBM TM1, SQL, Genesys or other call routing software, and MicroStrategy, Cognos, or other reporting tools.
- Self-starter with the ability to change tasks quickly, prioritize, and reprioritize to maintain efficient operations and ensure expectations are properly set and met.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills with a customer service focus and ability to use data visualization, storytelling skills, Workforce Management principles, and emotional intelligence to influence leadership and contribute to a team environment.
- Detail Focus
- Innovative perspective
- Proficient organization and time management skills
- Self-starter, self-motivator, self-disciplined
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access, a plus
- Experience with Aspect, a plus
- Ability to effectively multi-task required
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to promote as well as contribute to a team environment
- Strong customer service focus
What is a Must Have?
- High school diploma and two years of work experience in management information, finance, statistical analysis, Workforce Management, Claim or Contact Center.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience forecasting, scheduling, and configuring business rules within a Workforce Management software, and basic knowledge of contact routing software.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.