Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$87,800.00 - $144,800.00
What Is the Opportunity?Under general direction and as a member of the local line of business (LOB) management team, responsible for product quality and performance for a specific team of Outside Property claim professionals. Provide guidance and direction to direct reports through a continuous process of management involvement and frequent claim file review. Serve as a field representative for the Home Office Property product, as requested. Reinforce LOB Vision, Strategies, and Objectives through word and action. Select, lead, mentor, performance manage and develop staff.
This position is based 100% remotely and may include a combination of mobile work and/or work from your primary residence.
What Will You Do?
- Attract, Retain and Develop World Class Talent:
- Proactive recruitment of talent; work with management establishing and implementing a strategic staffing strategy.
- Effective orientation and on-boarding.
- Manage staff performance; implement strategies and plans to address staff development; identify and address training needs on an ongoing basis; provide frequent performance feedback.
- Work with management to develop and implement effective training, performance development and succession planning.
- Effective retention planning; proactively manage and respond to turnover.
- Effectively utilize reward system to distinguish top performers and significant achievements.
- Provide Compelling Claim Services:
- Employ proper claim handling techniques to protect the integrity of our brand and providing consistent service quality and streamlined processes to add value for our customers.
- Develop and execute a strategic file management plan that achieves optimal file resolution and business results.
- Provide face-to-face and written guidance to ensure effectiveness, engagement, accuracy and efficiency.
- Review new notices, ensuring claims are assigned to staff with appropriate skill sets.
- Conduct quality file reviews per office/ best practices guidelines.
- Conduct ride-along inspections/ reinspections with claim professionals to provide coaching and feedback.
- Establish/follow up on file reviews per diary instructions, conducting additional reviews (i.e. 180, 360 day reviews), as necessary.
- Implement strategies and initiatives to improve file quality, customer service and manage costs.
- Drive the Information Advantage:
- Successfully leverage data, management information and technology to identify and make the most of opportunities to support business strategies and improve results.
- Achieve Optimal Solutions:
- Focus on resolution and process improvement, fulfilling all obligations while maximizing cost effectiveness, helping the business understand drivers, trends and product stress points and helping our partners attract and retain business.
- Operate within agreed upon expense budget to achieve optimal business results through productivity, appropriate resource allocation, inventory management and loss adjustment expense.
- Partner for Mutual Success:
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, business partners, customers, agents, regulatory agencies and others to achieve organizational goals and create better outcomes.
- Participate in business meetings and agency visits as required.
- In order to perform the essential functions of this job, acquisition and maintenance of Insurance License(s) may be required to comply with state and Travelers requirements. Generally, license(s) must be obtained within three months of starting the job and obtain ongoing continuing education credits as mandated.
- Access and inspect all areas of a dwelling or structure which is physically demanding requiring the ability to carry, set up and climb a ladder weighing approximately 38 to 49 pounds with a safety weight rating of up to 300 pounds (safety weight rating is the amount of weight the ladder can safely carry and includes weight of the individual and up to16 pounds of standard equipment), walk on roofs, and enter tight spaces (such as attic staircases and entries, crawl spaces, etc.).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Claim management experience preferred.
- Leading the Business:
- Drive Results.
- Leads Change.
- Executes Business Strategy.
- Leading Others:
- Attract Top Talent.
- Maximize Individual Performance.
- Holds Others Accountable.
- Aligns Rewards.
- Creates and Sustains a Dynamic Workplace.
What is a Must Have?
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- A minimum of three years claim work experience in at least one line of business required.
- Valid Driver's License required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
- Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.