Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$171,400.00 - $274,300.00
What Is the Opportunity?Under broad oversight, this position acts as a strategic HR Business partner across assigned business areas through the assisted development and execution of HR programs, policies, and solutions that help drive behaviors and attain business goals. As a member of the line of business HR Leadership team, directs Human Resources generalists in the communication, interpretation and administration of corporate human resources policies and programs. Strategically plans, develops and implements human resources policies and programs within guidelines formulated by senior leaders of Human Resources, and ensures policies and programs are implemented consistently across business groups. Provides leadership and strategic consulting to managers on the most complex HR issues. Provides organization development leadership including human resource planning efforts. This job manages and sets accountabilities for direct reports, where applicable.
Travelers offer a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility. #LI-Hybrid
What Will You Do?
- Work Force Management:
- Provide supervision and management support to HR staff.
- Direct and oversee the performance and execution of all HR related activities.
- Facilitate development opportunities for HR staff.
- Serve as a confidante, resource and sounding board to HR staff and senior business managers.
- Provide appropriate feedback and coaching to HR staff and senior business managers on their style, approach, and effectiveness.
- Organization Effectiveness:
- Partners with key senior business leaders by participating in the business planning and management process and implementing strategies to support major initiatives.
- Implement appropriate change management, manager assimilation, team building and related tools and processes. Assimilate key talent into the organization.
- Assist with the needs assessment and determination of management and leadership training for business areas, in support of the business Head/Lead Generalist.
- Performance Management:
- Ensure work environments and workplace practices promote a positive employee relations environment free of discrimination, harassment, or any form of unfair or unethical practice.
- Involved in the most complex HR investigations, site assessments, and IDRs (all related forms of complaints) that ensure objective evaluation and resolution of issues.
- Provide management with collaborative consultation on sensitive or complex employee relations issues. In support of the business Head/Lead Generalist, review and monitor performance management process to ensure quality, timeliness and effectiveness for business. Accountable for the oversight of development and implementation of AAPs including goals and communication with business groups. Strategize appropriate training and consulting needed to promote effective employee performance management practices.
- Employee Development/Talent Management:
- In support of the business Head/Lead Generalist, continuously assess the business areas talent pool and competencies/readiness so that we execute a 'right person, right job, right time' strategy.
- Ensure the identification and execution of business area's strategies to mitigate the risk of turnover of 'key' talent.
- Provide assistance and support to management in developing an employee population which is diverse.
- Influence the use of tools such as skills assessment/gap analysis in order to better understand organizational talent.
- Develop HR related training to organization i.e.: Performance Management, Sexual Harassment, Managing a Diverse Workforce.
- Consult and advise business partners on effective compensation program and decisions at the unit and individual level.
- Ensure the communication and execution of pay for performance and other aspects of our compensation philosophy.
- Is involved in high level recruitment efforts and compensation packages.
- Staffing and Recruitment:
- Is involved in the highest level recruitment efforts for the business, ensuring we attract qualified and diverse pools.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Seasoned human resource professional, typically with fifteen or more years of experience with most experience preferred in a generalist position.
- College degree in Industrial Relations, business or other related course of study.
- Experience in business segment lead HR role.
- Previous management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of property casualty insurance helpful.
What is a Must Have?
- Minimum of ten years experience in human resources, with significant experience in a generalist role.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of the human resources function including organization development, employee relations, performance management, compensation and talent acquisition.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.