Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$108,400.00 - $178,900.00
What Is the Opportunity?Under limited supervision, acts as an underwriting subject matter expert for the Northfield Excess & Surplus Lines portfolio. Responsible for managing field authority, account referrals and the audit process as assigned. Ensure underwriting results for book of business enhance overall profitability, growth and retention of business and are consistent with all related underwriting initiatives. Educates Account Executives on underwriting strategy and guidelines. Other duties as assigned.
What Will You Do?
- (May include all or the majority but not limited to these components):
- Involved in supporting the field to execute business strategy including rate adequacy, terms and conditions and pricing of the Northfield Excess & Surplus Lines book to achieve maximum earnings.
- May provide input into the development of strategic business planning activities to ensure underwriting philosophy and practices for Northfield are consistent with business unit goals.
- Is involved in monitoring trends, emerging issues and underwriting results for the book of business. May partner with field management to take action as needed.
- Participates in training, initiatives. May participate in projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- 7+ years of underwriting experience preferred.
- CPCU designation
What is a Must Have?
- 6 years of underwriting experience required.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.