Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$88,600.00 - $146,100.00
What Is the Opportunity?Are you a curious user experience researcher, who is constantly looking to understand why people behave the way they do?
Do you enjoy distilling the complexity of qualitative and quantitative research data into actionable findings and design recommendations that are easy to understand?
Are you passionate about advocating for user-centered approaches, and helping leaders understand when and why empathy matters?
If this describes you, then this just might be the role you've been looking for. As a User Experience Research Lead, you will lead primary research studies using a variety of different research methods to collect qualitative and quantitative, formative and evaluative, large and small feedback for analysis and action. You will uncover insights with close observation, digging into data, and considering more than what people say or do, but what they may be thinking or feeling.
About the Team
The Experience Design and Research team creates solutions to ensure best-in-class experiences for our customers, agents, employees, and partners. You will be part of a team of experienced designers and researchers that works with product managers, architects, and business and technology leaders to build customer centric solutions. Fueled by your research insights, you tell powerful stories that help build empathy and inspire the next iteration of highly engaging experiences that set a new bar in customer-focused service expectations.
What Will You Do?
- Design and Lead Research Efforts: You will collaborate with experience designers, product teams, and business stakeholders to articulate research questions and plan, execute, and analyze appropriate user experience research. You will prioritize research questions and identify the right research method to use to answer those questions. You will evaluate the usability of solutions and determine the effectiveness of concepts, and your insights will inform decisions on product design and implementation.
- Synthesize Data to Identify Actionable Insights: You will perform rigorous analysis of both qualitative and quantitative data to turn observations into action. You will uncover insights by digging into data and considering more than what people say or do, but what they may be thinking or feeling. You'll go beyond the 'what' and figure out the 'so what' and 'now what' - what do your findings mean, and what actions should we take based on what we learned?
- Socialize Findings: You will distill complex analysis into compelling and easy to understand research reports and presentations. You will use storytelling and other techniques to effectively communicate findings to stakeholders and build empathy for customers.
- Strengthen the Research Practice: You will drive the evolution of the expanding user experience research practice. You will guide and mentor less experienced design and product staff, contribute to and help lead team and practice development, and grow your own skills while advancing the user experience research function.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Experience in a related field, such as Research, Data Analysis, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Human Computer Interaction, Experience Design, Service Design, Visual Communication Design, etc.
- Expertise in a variety of user experience research methods and skills, including:
- User interviews
- Usability studies
- Card Sorting
- Click Testing
- A/B Testing
- Tree Testing
- Data Analysis
- Collaboration and facilitation
- Presentation and Communication
- Working knowledge of user experience design methods, including:
- Information architecture
- Interaction design
- Visual design
- Content design (strategy, writing, editing for interaction)
- Information design
- Service design
- Design systems
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in work experience.
- Four years of related experience
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.